So Onlive, a console quality game streaming service, just released their Android tablet app. It works for pretty much anything running 2.3 and up... And guess what, that means the Fire runs it!!! No root required, just gotta side load the .apk and you're good, (that and have a free Onlive account...) Oh, and if you DL it to your phone or whatever, (I say whatever because since the Kindle Fire is only supported rooted, and I have yet to root, I can't tell you if the market recognizes it as a compatible device), even as a new customer with no purchased games, once it sees you've downloaded the app from the market and then signed in from the device, you get Lego: Batman FREE into your games folder!... I have a thunderbolt, and first signed in from there, then, side loaded the Onlive client apk onto my Fire... Batman showed up after about an hour...

Now to figure out how to get use of a controller on the Fire... Some games are fine with the touch controls. But Batman: Arkham City and Deus Ex aren't gonna be as well played using them...

Here's the web site... http://www.onlive.com/mobile
    12-07-2011 10:49 PM
    Hey how did you get the onlive apk on your fire did you have to root it or did you extract the apk ?
    12-08-2011 12:51 AM
    Copied the client.onlive.apk from sdcard/data/apps using rootexplorer on my Thunderbolt to the root of my sdcard. Then long pressed the copied file and chose send, then emailed it to my other email, checked the email from my Kindle, downloaded the attachment, and installed...

Also, if it's still there #27th post of this thread http://onlivefans.com/showthread.php...REE-Game/page3
    12-08-2011 01:01 AM
    Any idea when it will be available in the Market?
    12-08-2011 09:18 AM
    Any idea when it will be available in the Market?
    If you're talking about the Amazon market, probably never. But it's already in the Android marketplace.
    12-08-2011 06:03 PM
    Until they somehow enable the Bluetooth, though, doubt we'll be able to play any of the games that are supposed to work with their external controller...
    12-08-2011 07:16 PM
    Works great, im playing lego batman now

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-09-2011 12:55 PM
    Until they somehow enable the Bluetooth, though, doubt we'll be able to play any of the games that are supposed to work with their external controller...
    Thing that keeps me going in a positive direction on that note is that the first Nook color also had a BT chip and no antenna, but they got it working, and it was fine. The Fire has the same chip as the new Nook color, so I'm thinking after a bit, it'll be working... If not, there will eventually be a hack for usb controllers. I've already got one of these on it's way just in case I need to tinker...
    12-09-2011 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD