http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/11/2...than-two-weeks

Some good enhancements and I like the Speed from Amazon with the updates

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    12-12-2011 10:21 AM
    I generally don't use the stock launcher so we'll see what else the update has to offer. I don't use the Amazon-cloud-augmented browser so maybe they'll get the ambient light sensor working. . .

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-12-2011 06:16 PM
    Cool they are listening to peoples gripes and so early. Good eco-system, so they will stay on top with the OTA updates.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-13-2011 12:50 AM
    Brb gonna do the hack to stop ota updates.
    12-13-2011 02:29 AM
    Anyone know if this kills sideloaded apps?
    --
    Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    12-13-2011 12:56 PM
    Anyone know if this kills sideloaded apps?
    --
    Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    The last update unrooted the device but did not affect sideloaded apps (other than those that required root). Looking down the Kindle Fire would just drive more folks to the Nook Tablet. We'll know for sure soon enough.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 01:34 PM
    It didn't really kill root, more that is just disables the current root permissions until you re-run the root step from the PC, but it does not remove it in the sense that you cannot re-root very easily.
    12-13-2011 02:01 PM
    It didn't really kill root, more that is just disables the current root permissions until you re-run the root step from the PC, but it does not remove it in the sense that you cannot re-root very easily.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Reading my original post, I see that I was not as clear as I should have been.

I got my Kindle Fire on launch day and rooted it later that week. When Amazon pushed the last update, it reverted the device back to an unrooted state but it was easy to re-root using the known, existing technique.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 02:10 PM
    Anybody know when the update is landing?
    12-14-2011 05:39 AM
    Supposedly coming within the next two weeks.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-14-2011 11:49 AM
    I generally don't use the stock launcher so we'll see what else the update has to offer. I don't use the Amazon-cloud-augmented browser so maybe they'll get the ambient light sensor working. . .

Sent using Tapatalk
    How can there be an ambient light sensor when there is no camera?
    12-14-2011 01:33 PM
    How can there be an ambient light sensor when there is no camera?
    Look at the upper left portion of the bezel and you'll see the sensor. An earlier build of the KF software used the ambient light sensor to adjust brightness automatically but apparently didn't work right so they deactivated the option. Would be nice to get it back.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-14-2011 02:06 PM
    Supposedly coming within the next two weeks.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    12-14-2011 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD