Brought this out at a meeting today and afterwards management was praising me on how professional I looked typing on the fire and putting it in my jacket etc. He says he couldn't do that with his ipad and I told him try one out for a while and if you don't like it you got 30 days but anywho, has anyone whipped out their fire at an outing? What were people's responses?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 10:52 PM
    Na I can't compare my fire to my iPad 2 lol they'll laugh at me.
    12-14-2011 12:39 AM
    is that a fire in your pocket?
    12-14-2011 09:05 PM
    I had people ask me about my Galaxy Tab when it was released last year, I don't imagine they'll even notice a difference. Now they all notice my Sony Vaio Z because it's usually what I take to meetings since it's easier to take notes with, and it's only like twice the weight of the Fire and it's a full on desktop replacement notebook. I will however use the Fire for reading, I think the part I'm most looking forward to is getting Wired Magazine digitally instead of the dead tree edition, and then maybe some Amazon Digital Video too.

Maybe if you're in advertising or marketing a tablet would be impressive, but if you're a developer, the marketing people are more impressed when you say, "Okay refresh that page" and the issue they were talking about is already fixed right there in the meeting.
    12-15-2011 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD