What type of virus protection are some of you using on your Kindle?
    12-26-2011 06:22 PM
    None. I'm not sure why you would need it if you pay attention to the apps you use. Plus is there any in the Amazon App Store?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 07:18 PM
    What type of virus protection are some of you using on your Kindle?
    I use Dr Web Light
    12-27-2011 12:08 AM
    None. I'm not sure why you would need it if you pay attention to the apps you use. Plus is there any in the Amazon App Store?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking web browsing, not just apps. The web can be quite malicious!
    12-27-2011 07:28 AM
    Where did you get this?
    12-27-2011 07:29 AM
    I use AVG

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-2012 07:46 PM
    Lookout and AirPush Detector have always been my go to for my Android devices, so I use them on my KF as well. For browsing, I use Dolphin browser and TrustGo Security and an add block extension. I haven't had any problems with viruses or malicious apps so far. Actually, I had an app once that started putting adds in my notification bar and desktop. That's when/why I started using AirPush Detector. It identified the app immediately and uninstalled it. I had been trying to figure out which app it was and how it got past my security precautions for a while before I came across AirPush Detector, so I highly recommend it in junction with Lookout and a decent web browser.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2012 08:57 PM
    I've had Android devices since late 2009, and have been active on several forums, and I've never heard of anyone picking up malware through their browser on their device.
    04-26-2012 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD