How To Manually Install Kindle Fire Firmware Updates

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I put together a video on how to manually install firmware updates for the Kindle Fire after the last update (6.2.1) came out and the OTA update was taking awhile to get pushed out. I received a bunch of email on how to do it, so I did this video to show how to do the install via a computer and micro-USB, in addition to how to use a file management app to do it without having to connect to your computer.

I know a lot of AC readers are proficient in this, but I did receive a bunch of emails from a posting I wrote in the forums asking how it's done.

Hopefully it is helpful to those who don't already know how to do manual installs are are too impatient (like me) to wait for the OTA update.

How To Manually Update Your Kindle Fire Firmware | Software - YouTube

JustROLLIN

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys, there is a much easier route than those described above...

Just go to Amazon.com on your KF and search for Kindle Fire Update. Amazon will return a result you can click on to start the download. Once completed, move the file to the "kindleupdates" folder on your fire and the system will take care of the rest.

I did this for the most recent update as I was not receiving the push. Works perfectly.

Hope that helps simplify things for everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon