[Urgent] a problem about rebooting my kindle

henryheung0817

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Android Market in my kindle last night After that , i tried to install an app called " Launcher EX" to change my kindle 's interface. However , during the installation , my machine did not give me any response . Then , I just reboot my kindle . But it hold the screen displaying "Kindle fire" and does not jump to the normal one . Therefore , I cannot change my kindle into the factory setting at this moment . What can i do to fix this problem . Thank you very much.

Henry

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You might try doing a full shutdown by holding the power button down for about 20 seconds. When it completely shuts down, turn it back on and see if that fixes the problem.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i had a similar problem, my brother tried pushing an ICS launcher onto his Kindle.
it force closed--and would constantly pop up the 'force close' notification, and never get past that screen. couldn't even use the Kindle--thought it was bricked. therefore, no option to factory reset since it would just keep force-closing.

so, i did this.
1) download KindleFireUtility from here
2) make sure drivers are installed
3) under the kindle fire utility command window, enter option 6--extras
4) push GOLAUNCHER to device, (option 2?)
5) after it's done, press 'disconnect' on the Kindle Fire
6) a window will pop up, asking if you want to complete the 'home' action with 'Kindle Fire, Go Launcher, ADW Launcher'. choose "Kindle Fire" & select as default
7) now you're back into your Kindle. find your ADW, uninstall.

problem solved.
if you can't get it to be recognized, be sure to install the recommended drivers & keep unplugging/plugging it into the computer---it took me about 20 minutes before i got it fully able to be commanded by the computer---but it worked perfectly.

THE SAINT 639

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Android Market in my kindle last night After that , i tried to install an app called " Launcher EX" to change my kindle 's interface. However , during the installation , my machine did not give me any response . Then , I just reboot my kindle . But it hold the screen displaying "Kindle fire" and does not jump to the normal one . Therefore , I cannot change my kindle into the factory setting at this moment . What can i do to fix this problem . Thank you very much.

Henry

I'm having this same problem did u ever get yours to work again