BluRay digital copy on Kindle Fire?

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So from browsing around the interwebs a little it appears that the digital copy that comes with many BluRay movies now cannot be loaded directly on the Kindle Fire (correct me if I'm wrong). It appears that the way to do it is to download the digital copy onto the computer in the WMV format, then use a converter to convert it to MP4. Then load that MP4 file on the Kindle by connecting via USB. Is that correct?

Has anyone successfully done it this way? Is there a different/better/more efficient way to get the digital copies on the Kindle? Is there a free WMV to MP4 converter that anyone would recommend?

I thought I saw somewhere in my searches that Fox allows import or upload of their digital copies to Amazon Instant Video, or was I reading that wrong. If that is the case, how is this done?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

dgoodisi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
VidCoder is a good free Windows frontend for HandBrake.

VidCoder can be downloaded from CodePlex

VidCoder

Download

I use VidCoder to create MP4s for playing anywhere (Android, XBox, Windows, Mac)

I actually upload all my videos to my Windows Home Server then use Twonky to watch on my Kindle.

Quality, framerate, sound, all good.

Twonky might only be available in the Android Market.

For DVDs I prefer DVD FAB HD Decryptor. That coupled with VidCoder serves all my needs.
DVD Fab HD Decryptor

4gul

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, going to the DVD Fab website and selecting the free download gets blocked by my firewall - says it's on the list of "malicious" urls.

If you want to check out an amazing repository of video converting knowledge - check out: AfterDawn - Software downloads, reviews, tech news and guides (and no, I'm not affialiated with them). I've been using that since I got my first burner in 97.

I use DVD Decrypter (DVD Decrypter), DVD Shrink (dvdshrink.org: FREE Backup Solution for your DVD movies!), and Handbrake (HandBrake). All free.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
Or you can look for movies with UltraViolet, download the Flixster Movies app and link them through there and stream them anywhere.

JayPhill89

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for something to help resize videos to a more mobile format to save sd card space. No need for HD on a tiny screen. I'd rather fit more onto the SD card. Whats the best program for shrinking videos?

3dfx

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Handbrake and formatted several vids to watch on a flight with my Asus Transformer. Problem is that a jet is noisey and Handbrake doesn't increase sound volume so I couldn't hear the movie.

Is there a program that will also increase sound volume?

TurbineTech

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Or you can look for movies with UltraViolet, download the Flixster Movies app and link them through there and stream them anywhere.

I cannot believe you would in what appears to be good faith recommend this horrible service / excuse to cheat the customer out of their legitimate digital copy.

Reactions: PIYIRIO

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I have done that on my iPhone, ipad2 and kindle fire, all of the devices play back great and I have zero issues with it.

I have around 12 movies so far on the service.

When I travel I simply download the movie the night before and I am good to go the next day.

Great service so far. Only negative was the having to sign up with two accounts. Hopefully in the future that will be streamlined.

This is the direction they are going. So you better get used to it. Especially after amazon signed on. Every label has signed on except Disney and Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Handbrake and formatted several vids to watch on a flight with my Asus Transformer. Problem is that a jet is noisey and Handbrake doesn't increase sound volume so I couldn't hear the movie.

Is there a program that will also increase sound volume?

Ear buds would be a better option. That way you aren't distrubing those around you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital