Anyone used the Kindle Fire Warranty

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I received my Fire as a Christmas gift. When I opened it, one of the seams where the rubber painted back meets the frame of the device wasn't flush. I wasn't going to complain about that as inexpensive as the device was.

Over the last week though, my Fire has developed a noticeable "creak" on the opposite side where I usually hold the device. And it's gotten worse the last couple of days. The molded back seems like it's off, surely a ramification of ramping up production to meet demand.

I've emailed Amazon Cust. Serv. to inquire about their warranty work process. You can't hardly find any info on their site.

Anybody have an experience with the process?

jitBob

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have. My first KF had problems locking up randomly, that is to say, at no particular battery power, app in use, or even after being returned to factory specs (wiped and redownloaded) so they very quickly sent me another one. I have had this one since January and it is doing the same thing so I guess it's time to complain again. Kindle customer service was very responsive to me and I hope they will be again.

Reactions: .46caliber

veraperezp

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have, the USB connector on my son's Kindle Fire was loose enough that it wouldn't charge. Amazon was too happy to send us a new one and a prepaid shipping label for the broken one. We had the new device 3-4 days later.

cn31672

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a Fire that was not holding a charge. Customer service quickly sent me a replacement with a prepaid label so that I could send the defective one back. No problems since. Customer service was very responsive and was very willing to help with almost no questions asked.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have, the USB connector on my son's Kindle Fire was loose enough that it wouldn't charge. Amazon was too happy to send us a new one and a prepaid shipping label for the broken one. We had the new device 3-4 days later.

I had the same experience. I've had the Fire since the day it was released back in November, and last week I called Customer Service. They sent a replacement right away.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Amazon CS has been painfree.

I had a defective charge port on my KF. Emailed Amazon first. They replied quickly and asked me to call their Kindle support department directly. I did so the next day. Friendly, helpful, and extremely accommodating. They got my replacement (new, not refurbished) KF out the next day...and even told me to keep my old charger. So I even got an extra charger out of the deal.

Amazing service.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Amazon CS has been painfree.

I had a defective charge port on my KF. Emailed Amazon first. They replied quickly and asked me to call their Kindle support department directly. I did so the next day. Friendly, helpful, and extremely accommodating. They got my replacement (new, not refurbished) KF out the next day...and even told me to keep my old charger. So I even got an extra charger out of the deal.

Amazing service.

I got the same response when I emailed them. I'm glad to hear that Amazon has always been helpful. I tried to live with the back not lining up and the body creak, but it's gotten worse. I guess it's time to give them a call.

Thanks everyone for the input.