Kindle Fire and my phone choice...

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my current android phone before I got the kindle fire.

It is a phone that was considered large for the time, a Samsung Infuse with its 4.5" screen. Though I note that it might not even be in the top ten of the largest phones currently out. But it is still quite large.

I liked the large screen and I was okay with it in my pocket. On occasion I would miss my previous phone, a smaller 3.7" screen (a palm pre+)...

Now, though...

I find I take my kindle fire with my everywhere. I can put it in the pocket of my jeans or most of my slacks if I need to and it doesn't bother me much. If I have a jacket it fits very nicely in the jacket pocket. And I find I have shifted most of the apps and videos and games I do to the kindle fire.

About the only exceptions are ones that use something not present on the KF, namely GPS ones like google maps or Noom (which I use to track my bicycling routes). But honestly the samsung infuse is a bit larger than I want when working out, even if on a bicycle.

I never watch videos on my infuse anymore, and that was one of its selling points. Yeah the fire is wifi only, but tethering isn't that hard to do. And that doesn't need a large phone...

Anyway, the point I'm getting to here is I am very seriously considering dropping down to a much smaller phone as my phone... because of the kindle fire. I already put the sim card back in my previous phone for a day as a test and I liked it... but I went back for now, in part because that phone was a bit dated.... I'm thinking my next phone though...

Anyone else thinking along these lines?

Last edited:

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I thought my Droid Bionic was HUGE when I got, coming from an OG Droid. Now I hardly ever look at my puny Bionic screen when I have my Kindle Fire with me, which is most of the time.

I had the thought that it would be perfectly reasonable to get a smaller screen phone to use as long as you have a fire tablet.

That said, I think I will be sticking with a decent size phone because, for me, I know there will be times when I will not be carrying the Fire and/or I just want to do something quick without taking the time to turn on the hotspot and/or the phone does have some functionality that the Fire doesn't and it is still nice to have a decent size screen.

I do think that it would certainly be an option that makes sense for many people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae