Cannot install sideloaded apk on Kindle Fire

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and pretty new to Android also, but I'm enjoying learning about how my Kindle Fire and my new phone (Razr) work.

The reason that I am posting this is that I cannot get apps that I've sideloaded onto my KF to "install". About a month ago I was able to successfully sideload, and install, Google Earth and the Dolphin Browser to my Fire, using ES File Explorer, and they both work perfectly. However, since that time I have tried to do this with other apps, e.g. Go Launcher ES, QuickPic, Weather Bug, Getjar, and I get as far as hitting the Install, and nothing happens, it's like it's not even there. However, the Cancel works great. I have tried turning the KF off and on, rebooting, and I tried another file installer, Easy Installer; nothing has gotten that Install "button" to work. I've checked dozens of times that the Allow installation of applications etc. is still set to "on" and it always is.

Please, does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this or what I need to do to not be the only Fire owner who's device won't let them install applications from unkown sources? :(

Thank you very much for any help that anyone has!

Reactions: preryan

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I came to the forum tonight to ask the EXACT same question. Before I could sideload and now I cant. I even tried resideloading apps that I previously sideloaded to no avail. Its like the part of the screen where the install button is doesn't reaspond although I know that's not the issue.

BTW, even if you overcome this issue, weatherbug will NOT sideload. I tried when sideloading still worked and it would fail. I emailed the developer and they said it would not work on the fire and that they were working.on it.

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that another person and I might have come up with a solution, but I can't test it out until I see my Fire after work tonight. It seems possible that if you have a program like Screen Dimmer or Bad Ass Battery Monitor and/or its's add on Icon Pack that constantly runs in the background or runs in the notification tray that that somehow kills the Install button in the file manager. The other peson I was talking with said that she turned off the Bad Ass overlay, restarted her Fire, and was then able to get the Install to work.

I will test this out later and let you know if it works. In the meantime, check to see if you have an app like this that could be hindering your efforts and try turning it off, etc.

Good luck!

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think that another person and I might have come up with a solution, but I can't test it out until I see my Fire after work tonight. It seems possible that if you have a program like Screen Dimmer or Bad Ass Battery Monitor and/or its's add on Icon Pack that constantly runs in the background or runs in the notification tray that that somehow kills the Install button in the file manager. The other peson I was talking with said that she turned off the Bad Ass overlay, restarted her Fire, and was then able to get the Install to work.

I will test this out later and let you know if it works. In the meantime, check to see if you have an app like this that could be hindering your efforts and try turning it off, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

I uninstalled the Bad Ass Battery Monitor and I can sideload again!

owcs

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Mine isn’t working, either. I don’t have any screen dimmer apps or battery saving apps, and I looked through all of the running apps (and not running) and couldn’t find anything. What is bad *** battery? I only see asterisks between the two words. Is that what its called? Whatever that is, it may be the problem.

owcs

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Never mind! I uninstalled a game and updated an app and it worked! I don’t know why! I don’t care either!

hassankhanswati

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
The only problem here is of storage
Just make at least 500Mb storage available in internal storage
and restart your kindle It must and will work fine.guaranteed!!
Any apka could then be installed

Aidan Foss

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, thank you and thank you.

I uninstalled the Bad *** Battery Monitor and I can sideload again!

another one is facebook messenger. it seems anything that puts a layer over the screen for some reason (ex the facebook friend face that hovers so you can talk with a press) covers the install button.

Missamber1983

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Sorry to bring this back up again... but I'm having the same issue. However, I factory reset my kf and have nothing on it except what comes stock. I too have it set to let me install apps from unknown sources. Also in the running processes, all I can see are Amazon things running. I tried to stop those but they just restarted themselves. I can not find settings for "draw over apps". I have the Kindle fire hd8. Had it for months and this is a new issue for me.

Aomine4

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue as you (Missamber1983), i even factory reset my KF and nothing's worked. It worked perfectly fine for me a couple days ago and now i can't install apk's at all. I don't have any apps other than the stock ones running. I have the KF7.

ambere97

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi I was having this same problem so I had to close the install page open my settings and then access the download through my docs folder and it allowed the install button to work again. Hope this helps you.

Aomine4

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for that but me and a friend have found the root of the problem. One of the stock applications which runs automatically on your Fire tablet is blocking the install button. It's called Content Management Service. To install an apk, you have to open up the installation page where the button doesn't work, and then go to settings, apps and then running apps, find the Content Management Service and force stop it, then quickly switch to the installation page of the apk and it should allow you to install it. Unfortunately you do have to go through the process every single time you want to install an apk but it works.

Hope this has helped you guys :)

Symbl

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for that but me and a friend have found the root of the problem. One of the stock applications which runs automatically on your Fire tablet is blocking the install button. It's called Content Management Service. To install an apk, you have to open up the installation page where the button doesn't work, and then go to settings, apps and then running apps, find the Content Management Service and force stop it, then quickly switch to the installation page of the apk and it should allow you to install it. Unfortunately you do have to go through the process every single time you want to install an apk but it works.

Hope this has helped you guys :)

I have a amazon fire 7 and I tried every trick on the forum but they won't work. My Install button is orange but I can't tap it. Somebody help me.