Kindle Fire 6.3 update is live

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I've liked the new reading format for the web so far. I was really hoping for something that would make the carousel optional, but while dreaming, I'd really like a Ferrari too.

The nice thing about Android, don't like it, you can always change it!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't update my kindle to 6.3.. Help.. The update your kindle button it Grey.

Put it on charger if not fully charged and do a restart. It might restart itself as it hits lock screen. It might have downloaded the update in background. Mine did just as I was pushing file from my laptop. I had to go in and delete file after update processed. Wish they would use notifications to let us know if it's downloading update in background.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
After I downloaded the file, I had to move it to Kindleupdates before my Update button was active. When I downloaded it, it was in the Download folder.

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
It is pretty minor stuff. I have to admit, I was pretty excited to see it loaded, and then like you, just kinda like, meh.

ChanceNC

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Best enhancement: the brightness control actually works now. Previously the screen would dim down to about 50% on the slider but no more resulting in a screen that's way too bright in a dimly lit or dark room. The slider now is effective through all its travel AND the screen's lowest brightness setting is much more appropriate for viewing in the dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21