Disguising my phone as a Kindle Fire?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's truly not for anything devious, but I am desperate. :)

I currently have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and an HP Touchpad running CM9 ICS. Last week, Amazon had a great sale on

Amazon.com: Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi: Appstore for Android

so I bought it through the website, knowing full well that it was not compatible with my current devices according to the Amazon Market. However, due to the reviews and my love of adventure games, I purchased it for the sale price of $2.99.

What I'd like to do, is find a way to download the app from the Amazon Market and sideload it to either of my rooted devices, especially the Touchpad, at my own risk.

Is there any successful way to create a virtual Kindle Fire, using ADB, and register it with the marketplace, so I can download the app?

Or, has anyone been successful in tweaking the build.props so that either device will show that it is compatible with this game? Right now, Amazon is blocking the app from showing up when I use my Nexus or Touchpad and I can't figure out anyway to access the game.

I almost considered buying a refurbed KF for $139 today, but really have no need since I already have the CM9 Touchpad.

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's truly not for anything devious, but I am desperate. :)

I currently have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and an HP Touchpad running CM9 ICS. Last week, Amazon had a great sale on

Amazon.com: Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi: Appstore for Android

so I bought it through the website, knowing full well that it was not compatible with my current devices according to the Amazon Market. However, due to the reviews and my love of adventure games, I purchased it for the sale price of $2.99.

What I'd like to do, is find a way to download the app from the Amazon Market and sideload it to either of my rooted devices, especially the Touchpad, at my own risk.

Is there any successful way to create a virtual Kindle Fire, using ADB, and register it with the marketplace, so I can download the app?

Or, has anyone been successful in tweaking the build.props so that either device will show that it is compatible with this game? Right now, Amazon is blocking the app from showing up when I use my Nexus or Touchpad and I can't figure out anyway to access the game.

I almost considered buying a refurbed KF for $139 today, but really have no need since I already have the CM9 Touchpad.

If you have android sdk installed on your computer, you can actually make a virtual device that works exactly like the phone its emulating. Provided that you have an internet connection, you can access the market and internet. Using adb, you can sideload the amazon appstore and then download your app you purchased, then rip the apk off your emulator and try to install it on your phone, sideloaded.

OR, you could edit the build.prop file located in /system to reflect the same thing as a kindle fire. That's how you really trick the store. Google kindle fire build.prop

Reactions: diesteldorf

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
OR, you could edit the build.prop file located in /system to reflect the same thing as a kindle fire. That's how you really trick the store. Google kindle fire build.prop

Are there specific fields, other than manufacturer--generic and device type that I would need to edit. I don't even think the KF has an ICS build yet, but I may be dead wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2