kindle fire 15 year old? Maby?

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
im just a kid but i have been saving up for a tablet not an e-reader im looking at the fire because you can root it aand put CM7/9 on it is it worth it?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My sister in law has one that I've played around with and in my opinion they're pretty nice. Hers is all stock (she doesn't know the first thing about rooting and flashing and doesn't care and it's not mine to tinker with). I can only imagine how sweet it would be if it was rooted.

They are pretty user friendly too. She lets my 7 year old play with it and he has no problems with it. I was actually going to get him one for his birthday next week but he wants a Wii instead :rolleyes:

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Definitely would be good for you. There are a lot of educational apps you can load that can help you with school subjects like spelling, etc.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The Kindle reading app is available to nearly every device you can buy. Having said that, I would go with a Nexus 7 and install the Kindle app when it arrives. Kindles are extremely proprietary. Amazon does not play well with most device manufacturers. I have a Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire and a Fire HD. I am nearly ready to toss the HD through a brick wall after four months. I purchased a Nexus 7 (2012) from Office Depot yesterday and see that it surpasses the Fire HD by miles, while still being able to read my library through Whispersync from all devices I read on.

If you purchase a Kindle, you will need to have, or open, an Amazon account, provide debit/credit card info and go from there. If you intend to side load only, the Nexus 7 is the answer you seek.

Unless you own an Apple desktop or MacBook, or Apple laptop, stay away from the iPads. You'll need credit/debit access for those as well.

Having said so, you need to be 18 years old to acquire any type of debit/credit card. "Legal agreement" statutes apply and require an adult to own such things.

There you have it.

Last edited: