Is there an app to read a book directly in ICS?

bearspa

May 19, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it, if I want to read a book (purchased from Amazon or otherwise), or any document, I cannot do so directly from ICS. I have to go to the Kindle Launcher, then go to either Books or Documents, and then select whatever I want to read. Is that correct? Seems way too many clicks for a simple task, so I thought I'd ask.

TIA

bearspa

May 19, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, when I try to download it, it tells me that it is installed on my Fire--but it isn't.

Before I call them and try to have that changed, I had some questions re your experience:

1. Is the reading experience the same as in number of fonts, bookmarking, etc.?
  2. Does the Play app replace the Kindle reader, even when you are using the launcher?
  3. Can the Play app be removed if I don't like it?

Thanks

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, when I try to download it, it tells me that it is installed on my Fire--but it isn't.

Before I call them and try to have that changed, I had some questions re your experience:

1. Is the reading experience the same as in number of fonts, bookmarking, etc.?
  2. Does the Play app replace the Kindle reader, even when you are using the launcher?
  3. Can the Play app be removed if I don't like it?

Thanks

Have you rooted your Fire? What ICS custom ROM did you flash? Your questions don't make sense with a custom ROM. The statement to call "them" sounds like you have a stock Fire?

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

bearspa

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have rooted my Fire--when I turn it on, it asks me to press the on button for the root menu.

On my Google Play account, when I go to my Kindle for Android with Whispersync page, it says that the app is compatible with my Fire, but that it is installed.

I am a noob at this, so it would not surprise me if I don't really have what I think I have, but I downloaded and installed the ICS 2.4 app from ICS Releases. Is that still a stock Fire?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have rooted my Fire--when I turn it on, it asks me to press the on button for the root menu.

On my Google Play account, when I go to my Kindle for Android with Whispersync page, it says that the app is compatible with my Fire, but that it is installed.

I am a noob at this, so it would not surprise me if I don't really have what I think I have, but I downloaded and installed the ICS 2.4 app from ICS Releases. Is that still a stock Fire?

Ah, you have the stock Kindle ROM with the Amazon Kindle app. Don't replace it with the one from the Play Store.

The ICS app is a theme, not a ROM.

I have a full custom ICS ROM installed.
[WIP][KERNEL] 3.0 Kernel User Discussion Thread [05-26 #11 -- REBOOT FIX +] - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670