Fire all the sudden just started acting REALLY strange..

Kuroth

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday it was at about 60% charged.. Went to bed got up this morning and my Fire was dead.. Completely dead.. Would not power on.. Holding power button in for 30 or more seconds did not seem to do anything.. Never seen this happen.. So I hooked up a charger.. After about 30 min on charger unit looked to be rebooting. Came on for about 1 min and then all the sudden said Powering Down..

Now when I press the power butting its says charging Power low and then goes back off..

I will leave it on the charger for a while but wanted to find out if anyone knows what might be going on and am I screwed???

No ROMs flashed.. Just rooted using KFU and then unrooted using OTA-Root Keeper..

I am wonder did a new OS get pushed.. Maybe that is going on..

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard about a new OS version, and I just checked my Kindle Fire, and it is still running 6.3.1 which was released a couple of months ago,

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I got an update. Too bad it was from Google and borked my books. If you do get it working and if you have the google store be sure to uncheck auto updates for any Amazon app.

Do you have any battery monitors other than the stock one? I'd be curious to see if they agree. That is assuming you get it charged enough to power on. Some tech experts describe a situation where the battery "forgets" it's capacity and signals a shut down too soon. They say to make sure that once a month or so let the devices drain all the way. It's a software thing I suppose. I'm not sure if this applies or not but perhaps that's the issue. The software that controls the battery was out of calibration and either failed to report to you how dead it is having trouble reporting that it isn't dead.

Again, it's all speculation.

Kuroth

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the fast reply..

Looks to be ok now… It was just COMPLETELY dead.. Never seen it do that just over night when it was at like 60% before I went to bed... Maybe I left an App on or something that drained it overnight..

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been either turning mine off (holding power for a few seconds) or just quick pressing it and hoping that's an actual sleep mode.

Since it's fine now perhaps the guys who say Li batteries need to die occasionally are right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax