Please Help

Jays1fan

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
My son downloaded an apk file ICS 4.0 laucher and now the kindle wont boot up.
after putting in his password , in stead of booting up the kindle he gets a "Sorry" message :
The application ICS 4.0 Launcher ( Process android.process acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Then there is a force close button ...it does nothing except bring the message up again.

Is this thing ruined now ? Or is there a way to totally reset at start up ?

Please help !!

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I have thought that I had bricked things once in a while as well (with both my fascinate and fire). I have (so far, knock on wood) been able to fix what I messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I have thought that I had bricked things once in a while as well (with both my fascinate and fire). I have (so far, knock on wood) been able to fix what I messed up.

Kayemmo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. My son tried to upgrade the Fire OS so that he could run Minecraft. I get the same error message on start-up. I called Amazon, and they accused me of "jail-braking." (Who knew that owning a Kindle was a form of imprisonment?) They said they'd send me another Kindle Fire for $100. For $150 I could get a Lennovo A1 tablet, so I'm loath to give Amazon any more money for the privelege of being locked into their content platform. Can anyone tell me how to get this Kindle working again without giving more money to Amazon?

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay I have not ever had my kindle do this, but in order to help I'll need the following information.

1. What type of kindle fire is it. (I can only help with certain ones, and before I possible suggest things that might put your device in a worse off state, I want to know which exact kindle you are using)
2. When you first power it up is the kindle fire text ever blue? If it isn't blue what color is it? Is there a message down near the bottom that says something like press power button for boot menu?

These answers will at least get us started in trying to resurrect your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy