Looking for an App, all help appreciated!

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
We are looking for an app to help with music in our church. We have access to music (instrumentals only) on cd's, which we can load on a computer and convert if necessary. However, it's simply not practical, or timely, to insert a cd and then have everyone wait until we get the song going. There is an iPad program called "Live Tracks" that does what we need, however we don't have an iPad, and really don't want to invest in one for just that purpose. There are a couple apps in the Google Store, Player Pro and Poweramp, that are possible, but I'm not rooted, and don't know much about it, so I'm a bit nervous to try it.

So, I'm looking for a suggestion of how to use the KF for the purpose of finding a song quickly to play over the church sound system. (We do have WiFi and a computer that could be used. A touch screen is preferred over using a mouse/keyboard.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
We are looking for an app to help with music in our church. We have access to music (instrumentals only) on cd's, which we can load on a computer and convert if necessary. However, it's simply not practical, or timely, to insert a cd and then have everyone wait until we get the song going. There is an iPad program called "Live Tracks" that does what we need, however we don't have an iPad, and really don't want to invest in one for just that purpose. There are a couple apps in the Google Store, Player Pro and Poweramp, that are possible, but I'm not rooted, and don't know much about it, so I'm a bit nervous to try it.

So, I'm looking for a suggestion of how to use the KF for the purpose of finding a song quickly to play over the church sound system. (We do have WiFi and a computer that could be used. A touch screen is preferred over using a mouse/keyboard.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Look for a music download program. They are free in the app store. just type in free music download. You can also look for hymnals in the app store, there is an app for them. If u are looking for non hymnals use the free music download. Find any free music player to use and u can find the songs u have downloaded in it. Good luck and BTW, APPLE SUCKS.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When you mention the "app store" are you referring to Amazon? (I'm not rooted) If so, the hymnals listed aren't what we need. I guess we need more to just manage the music we already have access to. I've read some apps can access your computer to play songs that way, but I've not found them for the Kindle. :(

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When you mention the "app store" are you referring to Amazon? (I'm not rooted) If so, the hymnals listed aren't what we need. I guess we need more to just manage the music we already have access to. I've read some apps can access your computer to play songs that way, but I've not found them for the Kindle. :(

No I'm referring to Google play store. U can access it from the web or your android phone. Another thing, get something other than a kindle. Amazons app store is horrible! U need an android tablet with Google play store on it. Or if u want to continue to pay for ur apps, just keep the kindle. Almost all android apps are free.

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that's what I thought. We were trying to avoid purchasing another device, which is why we were wanting to try to make the Kindle work. Doesn't look like that will happen. We both have android based smartphones, but want to have something we could leave at the church that is dedicated to just the sound system.

We have a friend who uses iTunes on his computer (windows based) and makes it all work. May end up trying it that way, as we have an older netbook we don't use often so no extra upfront purchase.

Thank you so much for your input.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's what I thought. We were trying to avoid purchasing another device, which is why we were wanting to try to make the Kindle work. Doesn't look like that will happen. We both have android based smartphones, but want to have something we could leave at the church that is dedicated to just the sound system.

We have a friend who uses iTunes on his computer (windows based) and makes it all work. May end up trying it that way, as we have an older netbook we don't use often so no extra upfront purchase.

Thank you so much for your input.

ITunes is full of viruses. Can u take the kindle back? If so get the acer a100. It's cheap and will do what u need and more. I have one.

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
GREAT! Thanks for the heads up. Probably Apple's way of getting at PC users!! Also may be why it's free. Can't take the Kindle back. Got that in January for my birthday. If we could use it, I'd just get a new one. May still look at the Acer. What is it? Android tablet or netbook, etc?Thanks!

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
GREAT! Thanks for the heads up. Probably Apple's way of getting at PC users!! Also may be why it's free. Can't take the Kindle back. Got that in January for my birthday. If we could use it, I'd just get a new one. May still look at the Acer. What is it? Android tablet or netbook, etc?Thanks!

Android tablet. It's about 250, it's a 7 inch. There is a 10 inch too. Also look at the Asus transformers at best buy. They will be cheap on black Friday.

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the info. LOL, don't go out on Black Friday, but I to shop online. Maybe I can score one around Christmas time for cheap.
Thanks for all the info today! :)