How to get Go Launcher Ex to work on Kindle Fire?

pbless

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get Go Launcher Ex to work on my Kindle Fire, but after many attempts, still have to succeeded. Summary of what I've done (several times, with various variations):
1) set device to accept non-Amazon apps
2) installed AndroXplorer
3) downloaded Go Launcher Ex (ver 3.19, I believe)
4) installed Go Launcher Ex

Per a YouTube video, I should be able to click/execute Go Launcher Ex from a shelf on the 'installed Apps' screen, or from the carousel. Although I can verify that the app was installed (by exploring in the applications area of the settings), I can not get it to run.

Is there something I've not done, or something I've done wrong?

Thanks

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I think that is all I did on my Fire to get it to work. Just in case it makes a difference (it shouldn't) are you on the old or new Kindle Fire?

pbless

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the new (2nd generation) Kindle Fire. Do you have the first or second generation Fire?

From some other inputs, and my own investigations, I've come to believe (at least suspect) that it won't work on the 2nd generation Fire. I'm still hoping to find someone who's gotten it to work on that one.

EDD76

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have watched the YouTube video and downloaded the AndroXplorer and Go Launcher Ex. The app is there yet it will not open and at no point, hitting the Home button, am I prompted to choose Launchers. Any ideas why?

Donna80

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with the Kindle Fire 2nd generation (7" non-HD). Software version 10.2.1.

I installed the app using a file explorer but the app did not appear in the installed apps tab (on Cloud or Device) and I couldn't get it to run.

I tried several versions of Go Launcher EX with no success.

The app just mustn't be compatible with the Kindle Fire 2?

Edit: Bought in the UK.

Last edited:

Jim Hoath

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Seems like any launcher (e.g. ICS, ADW e.t.c.) for the 2nd gen Kindle Fire will not work as you cannot clear the application defaults for the "Kindle Launcher" - they are greyed out.
To avoid this restriction you would need to gain root access which might not be that simply for some...
Rooted Kindle Fire 2nd Generation (2012-12-24) - Page 4 - xda-developers
Amazon appear to be determined on preventing user customisations which to me is a bit short sighted since that's half the fun of owning a tablet.

hbgeorgie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Excactly the same problem, it loads "successful " but then when i press on it , it says cannot open file, doesnt show up on apps eithrr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12