Help: Amazon Appstore won't load

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my Mom a Kindle Fire for Christmas and everything works fine except I can't get the Appstore to work correctly; it simply won't load. The Shop loads, the Newsstand loads, all the eBooks load and I've even got the games to load. But when I click on just apps and then Shop, nothing comes up. The page sits there blank and then even the spaces left for the New Releases, Best Sellers, etc disappear and leave me with a blank page.

I've tried the following:
-Looked through the troubleshooting link and reinstalled appstore with the link provided there
-Cleared out Cache and App Data (several times)
-Reset the WiFi connection on the Kindle several times
-Did a full reboot of the Kindle (held down the power button for 30 seconds)

Kindle Specs:
Version: 10.2.4
"Apps" Version: 1.0 (listed under installed Applications)
Appstore Version: 4.5.16.9C (listed under Installed Applications and Amazon Applications)

Any help would be awesome. If not I'll be calling Amazon CS later.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well after a lot of tech support and several call backs set up (they would call me on days to give me updates). I finally just made them send me a new one, it worked for one hour and then the same problem occurred. This may be the worst piece of tech I have ever bought and some of the worst customer service. I feel like at this point they are just making me go in circles until they find a reason to not send me any more replacements or a refund.

BigJobBilly

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't help you fix it, but I can empathize. This is one of a series of glitches I've found with my KFHD. It would seem that Amazon still has a ways to go before it can compete with the iPad (and perhaps other tablets?)

syconn01

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. My amazon connection has been ropey and now it's stopped altogether. I can access the internet but when I try to go on amazon it says I've no internet connection. I've also lost love film a couple of times. Had a KFHD since Christmas and had no problems until last month.

Solman15

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My son's Kindle had the same issue. After some research I found that the clock was not set correctly. Hence the Kindle wasn't able to sync with the clock on the Amazon server. I changed the clock setup to automatic and it was able to utilize Appstore.

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for that hint. I was having the same kind of problems and had not had time to do any research. I had noticed the time was off but did not set it to Automatic. With that change, everything connected again, including my gmail. Much appreciated.