Turning a 1st gen Kindle Fire into an Android tab

tbert33

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

2 years ago we received a Kindle Fire as a gift from a relative in the US. As we live in the UK the device has a block on stopping us from downloading any apps via the amazon market place as we do not have a US billing address. We thought that this would change when the Kindle Fire was released over here but sadly not.

After speaking to Amazon directly they have confirmed that there is no fix for this so i've been looking at trying to get more use out of this little machine by turning it into an android tab.

I have made several attempts to root the fire on both Windows and Mac machines but cannot seem to root it.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out (possibly even live in the Greater Manchester area who could run me through the process or do it for me). It's a great little device and its sad that it's not being used to its full potential. If you can help please let me know and hopefully we can sort something out.

Thanks for reading.

Tom

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What tool did you use? If it was the Kindle Fire Utility than super user was just not installed. Also do you have TWRP and FFF?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34