USB Stick-Card Adaptors for Kindle Fire 8.9"?

TBonzie

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kindle Fire 8.9", but the only thing that keeps it from being awesome is the lack of a way to use a little card or a USB stick, since I can't always be around another computer to hook it up when I want to access stuff like my genealogy files.

Is there any kind of adaptor out there that would allow me to connect it to the Kindle and then access a USB stick or a card?

Note: I'm a middle-aged woman, so be kind on the tech explanations, please. I understand techy things if they're explained to me but I'm by no means an expert.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Kindle Fire 8.9", but the only thing that keeps it from being awesome is the lack of a way to use a little card or a USB stick, since I can't always be around another computer to hook it up when I want to access stuff like my genealogy files.

Is there any kind of adaptor out there that would allow me to connect it to the Kindle and then access a USB stick or a card?

Note: I'm a middle-aged woman, so be kind on the tech explanations, please. I understand techy things if they're explained to me but I'm by no means an expert.

Thanks!
No, you are not able to connect a usb stick or external hard drive to the tablet. You're best bet is to use a service like Dropbox to upload files from the Kindle to the service and view the files from your computer. You can also download Dropbox to your computer so that it sync's with everything that is uploaded by the Kindle. For example: You upload a genealogy file from your Kindle to Dropbox. You're home computer will automatically download this file so its ready for viewing when you get home. When you update or change the file it will again be re-uploaded and available for viewing on the Kindle.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions if you have any.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac