Anti virus

dikgilmore42

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Im new to technology but i learn quick, can someone please tell me what is the best anti virus cleaner app that i can put on my kindle fire hd3? Thankyou

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of good ones, but first a little lesson on how they work, so you'll understand. Viruses aren't identified by their names, or by what they do (yes, even an app trying to get to a system file may be legitimate), they're identified by patterns. Antivirus companies collect viruses and study them to find a particular string of bytes (maybe a few, maybe a few thousand) that almost uniquely identifies that particular virus. (Almost, because they all throw false positives once in a while - the code they pick from a virus happens to be exactly like the code of a legitimate app and, until someone notifies them, the AV app calls the legitimate app a virus.)

That said, any company that regularly updates the app's data file is a good one. Which one is best? The one that updated their file with the definition of a virus you're just about to get. And that could be any of the good ones, so here's a list:

Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus

AVG AntiVirus Security

Avira Antivirus Security

Also you should use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to catch those apps that are malware, but not viruses. And for ads, popups, etc.,

AdAway v3.2 or AdWare or Anti Adware.

I use Avast and Malwarebytes, and have for years, but the others have been around for a long time, I've used them in the past, and they're good. (There's some controversy about whether Kaspersky Internet Security is safe, so that would be up to you.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm