[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Im only having issues with getting the Samsung SGH-I727R doesn't ever register in Odin. I have the device in download mode, and i have the TAR in the AP box, just waiting for the COM## to show up, which hasen't. The device constantly reboots and im hoping reflashing the stock firmware resolves the issue.

Try different cables, USB ports, don't use a USB hub, update and install drivers for your PC.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Obaydok

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

hi there
i formatted my g900h using cmw recovery and now i dont have an operating system and since i can't reach the recovery mode, can i use the method to flash a rom and make the phone breath again until the make a custom rom for this f...ing phone?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

hi there
i formatted my g900h using cmw recovery and now i dont have an operating system and since i can't reach the recovery mode, can i use the method to flash a rom and make the phone breath again until the make a custom rom for this f...ing phone?

If you can get into download mode, you should be able to flash a stock ROM.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Jyumiez

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I followed all the steps and everything works fine, but when it start to reboot it. i stucked at flashing samsung logo again. What should i do after?

*Like didnt anything happened at all. :( and btw what is "F. Resest time" for? should i check it like you did on the instructions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

*Like didnt anything happened at all. :( and btw what is "F. Resest time" for? should i check it like you did on the instructions?

Sorry, just got on a break at work. Most of those check marks cane up default when I opened the program. Depending on the carrier this may or not be needed. You can try it checked if you like as I recall, all it does it resets the device.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

chuangtzu

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi all,

I am trying to unbrick a samsung galaxy , I have followed the guide trying:
- both the kies drivers and the compiled driver package provided in the "Samsung Galaxy Ace - Guide - Cygwin-Odin".
- various odin versions (1.85 did not work at all; 3.07 instead says PASS)
- various firmwares, vodafone uk, uk unbranded...

So, notwithstanding the fact that odin 3.07 does say that the flashing worked (log reports no error at all, even) the device just continues to boot itself in an endless loop, that is the very issue I have been trying to eradicate so nothing really changed.
I am unsure the device is "bricked": this issue started all of a sudden, the phone was unrooted (it is now, obviously) and no operation was performed on it before.
Considering this, and the fact that the precise logged error is that it can't mount the /data/ directory, could it be possible that the internal phone memory is corrupted ?
The phone is not too old, however unfortunately the 1-year warranty has just expired, hence I have been trying to fix it myself...

Thank you in advance for your time.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi all,

I am trying to unbrick a samsung galaxy , I have followed the guide trying:
- both the kies drivers and the compiled driver package provided in the "Samsung Galaxy Ace - Guide - Cygwin-Odin".
- various odin versions (1.85 did not work at all; 3.07 instead says PASS)
- various firmwares, vodafone uk, uk unbranded...

So, notwithstanding the fact that odin 3.07 does say that the flashing worked (log reports no error at all, even) the device just continues to boot itself in an endless loop, that is the very issue I have been trying to eradicate so nothing really changed.
I am unsure the device is "bricked": this issue started all of a sudden, the phone was unrooted (it is now, obviously) and no operation was performed on it before.
Considering this, and the fact that the precise logged error is that it can't mount the /data/ directory, could it be possible that the internal phone memory is corrupted ?
The phone is not too old, however unfortunately the 1-year warranty has just expired, hence I have been trying to fix it myself...

Thank you in advance for your time.

Have you tried different cables and USB ports?

chuangtzu

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver97 ,
Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes I did try 2 different cables and ports.
Do you think it would be possible that the error mounting could be caused by the damaged memory ?

Sorry I forgot to say, the precise model is GT-S5839i.
I have been reading extensively on forums such as this one and it looks like it is an uncommon model for a galaxy ace, however it should support the same roms for the more popular models. Also there's one website that has the precise rom for this model, I have tried all of them anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

chuangtzu

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Finally I made it ! The right combination of guide and files has worked. For anybody interested I solved it using the files and the infos provided at this youtube tutorial: How to unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-5830i / 5839i - YouTube
Several other guides did not work and I quite don't know why, since many of them provided the files for the 5830i - the more popular model - and the same settings to check in odin.
Thank you Golfdriver97 again for your time !
Greetings

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Finally I made it ! The right combination of guide and files has worked. For anybody interested I solved it using the files and the infos provided at this youtube tutorial: How to unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-5830i / 5839i - YouTube
Several other guides did not work and I quite don't know why, since many of them provided the files for the 5830i - the more popular model - and the same settings to check in odin.
Thank you Golfdriver97 again for your time !
Greetings

Sorry I wasn't able to help you out a little more. Working today. Glad you got it all sorted out.

dagg89

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

Just want to say thanks for the guide, i was able to unbrick Galaxy Tab 2 with this guide. Thanks again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Just want to say thanks for the guide, i was able to unbrick Galaxy Tab 2 with this guide. Thanks again.

You are welcome. Glad you are back up and running. See you around the forums.

Zero 7s

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Long story short, I let my cousin play on my S4 the other day, and now it won't boot on correctly, what I mean by that is, it comes up with a firmware upgrade error and I need to reconnect it to Kies. When doing so, Kies says it is unsupported, so I tried resetting to stock firmware, and it fails in Odin every time. I have the right stock firmware I'm sure of, but it still fails, I can't even get the phone into recovery mode anymore. I have tried using different cords and ports (2 cables and 3 USB ports.)

My phone is a Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
The carrier is U.S. Cellular

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Long story short, I let my cousin play on my S4 the other day, and now it won't boot on correctly, what I mean by that is, it comes up with a firmware upgrade error and I need to reconnect it to Kies. When doing so, Kies says it is unsupported, so I tried resetting to stock firmware, and it fails in Odin every time. I have the right stock firmware I'm sure of, but it still fails, I can't even get the phone into recovery mode anymore. I have tried using different cords and ports (2 cables and 3 USB ports.)

My phone is a Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
The carrier is U.S. Cellular

Are you able to get into download mode? Volume down, power and home at the same time?

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Goldriver97 thank you for this excellent tutorial!! Now I kinda need your help please. Last night I was trying to flash TWRP on my Sprint Note 2, I was using Philz Recovery but now I could not get into recovery and my phone is boot looping on the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE2 screen. Now do Which do I need to do first? Odin a recovery or stock rom? Please help me before my wife chop my head off cuz this is a replacement phone I just received the other day. The phone is rooted. Thank you sir!!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Goldriver97 thank you for this excellent tutorial!! Now I kinda need your help please. Last night I was trying to flash TWRP on my Sprint Note 2, I was using Philz Recovery but now I could not get into recovery and my phone is boot looping on the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE2 screen. Now do Which do I need to do first? Odin a recovery or stock rom? Please help me before my wife chop my head off cuz this is a replacement phone I just received the other day. The phone is rooted. Thank you sir!!

If you can find a recovery, you can try that. However, if you flash a different recovery than Philz, you won't be able to restore those files.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

If you can find a recovery, you can try that. However, if you flash a different recovery than Philz, you won't be able to restore those files.

Thanks I'll try Philz when I get home but to flashed with Odin, do I look for the Zip file or Tar file? Sorry I never flashed anything with Odin beside rooting. Thanks again

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks I'll try Philz when I get home but to flashed with Odin, do I look for the Zip file or Tar file? Sorry I never flashed anything with Odin beside rooting. Thanks again

.tar or md5 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy