10-20-2015 08:36 PM
271 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Oh one more thing, at the Corrent Binary and System Status, at my android i got "Custom" description. i dont know if that normal.
    09-14-2014 12:54 AM
    Oh one more thing, at the Corrent Binary and System Status, at my android i got "Custom" description. i dont know if that normal.
    Are you up and running?

The custom description is not normal. The flash should return everything to stock. Were you rooted before?
    09-14-2014 08:53 AM
    ser?? i have an s4 active and i would like to update its version 4.2.2 to the latest

is there a problem?? i was just checking and i read some of the forum and is there some kind of Error in updating??
    09-15-2014 08:13 AM
    ser?? i have an s4 active and i would like to update its version 4.2.2 to the latest

is there a problem?? i was just checking and i read some of the forum and is there some kind of Error in updating??
    Not that I was aware of. Samsung updates shows the device, depending on region code up to 4.3.
    09-15-2014 10:09 AM
    aw . . . i don`t understant xD
    09-16-2014 07:07 AM
    aw . . . i don`t understand ser . .xD
    09-16-2014 07:07 AM
    aw . . . i don`t understant xD
    Do you mean the region code?
    09-16-2014 09:29 AM
    Hello! I have a N7105(4.3) and an N8000(4.1.2), both of them still waiting for the Kitkat... I would like to update them via Odin, but i have 2 questions.

Do i need to root?

Does the update via Odin factory resets my devices? (because i am not ready now to do a factory reset)

By the way, is there a way that after a factory reset i can get all the apps, settings, wallpapers, ringtones back with a click like it was before the reset?

Thanks
    09-18-2014 11:48 AM
    Hello! I have a N7105(4.3) and an N8000(4.1.2), both of them still waiting for the Kitkat... I would like to update them via Odin, but i have 2 questions.

Do i need to root?

Does the update via Odin factory resets my devices? (because i am not ready now to do a factory reset)

By the way, is there a way that after a factory reset i can get all the apps, settings, wallpapers, ringtones back with a click like it was before the reset?

Thanks
    If there is a ROM out for the device, then Odin can flash it.
    Odin does do a reset.
    As for a one click restore, not that I am aware of.
    09-18-2014 12:12 PM
    I had a rooted stock galaxy s5 and the ota update kept failing,so,I tried Samsung kies which was worse than useless. After searching for the update I came across your forum about flashing with odin...I gotta say thank you guys you made it so simple...no problems no fails. All I gotta do now is re-root my device and get rid of all that bloatware....Again...thanks guys..
    09-27-2014 06:39 PM
    I had a rooted stock galaxy s5 and the ota update kept failing,so,I tried Samsung kies which was worse than useless. After searching for the update I came across your forum about flashing with odin...I gotta say thank you guys you made it so simple...no problems no fails. All I gotta do now is re-root my device and get rid of all that bloatware....Again...thanks guys..
    Welcome to the forums. Glad this could help!
    09-27-2014 08:05 PM
    Thank you for this guide, it's a life saver. :-) Managed to put stock rom on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 after update messed up the home screen launcher.
    10-02-2014 12:08 PM
    Thank you for this guide, it's a life saver. :-) Managed to put stock rom on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 after update messed up the home screen launcher.
    You are very welcome. Glad it helped.
    10-02-2014 04:07 PM
    Hi Guys,

So i have an S3 which i bought in Ireland. It is GT-I9300. My phone bricked during a samsung upgrade. My device is not rooted. I can still access ODIN mode by pressing the required buttons etc.

I have tried to update the stock frmware through Samsung Kies and Kies 3 as per another guide on here but i have had no luck that way. So next i downloaded Odin and the Stock firmware to flash. I successfully completed all of the steps and it showed on the ODIN screen on my s3 that the firmware was present but it did not install and the phone was stuck in the Samsung boot screen loop. So my question is my did the firmware not install when i successfully managed to flash it using odin? Maybe it is the stock firmware i used? Can someone help me locate the proper stock firmware to use please.
    Please see photos attached

Odin Mode
    Product Name: GT-I9300
    Custom Binary Download: Yes( 2 counts) - This is 2 as i tried it twice
    Current Binary: Samsung Official
    System Status: Official
    Attached Thumbnails [Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN-files-used.jpg   [Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN-odin-image.jpg  
    10-28-2014 01:22 PM
    I would look at either Samsung updates or sammobile for your downloads. There might have been a download error in the file you have.
    10-28-2014 02:09 PM
    I am pretty sure i used Samsung updates, i am now trying a firmware from sammobile hopefully this will work. Is there anyway to be 100% sure your using the correct firmware?I bought the phone from a friend and it was factory unlocked - i don't know if that makes a difference.
    10-28-2014 02:36 PM
    I would look at either Samsung updates or sammobile for your downloads. There might have been a download error in the file you have.

So i just downloaded a firmware from sammobile and sent it the phone using ODIN, it transfered sucessfully and when it restarted it is still stuck on Samsung Boot Screen?any ideas?
    10-28-2014 04:13 PM
    Oh nevermind just did a hard reset and it is now working perfectly!Sucess
    10-28-2014 04:15 PM
    Oh nevermind just did a hard reset and it is now working perfectly!Sucess
    Sorry I have been away all day. Glad you got everything sorted out. See you around the forums!

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-28-2014 07:09 PM
    Can I re-install latest firmware on that way or maybe rollback to older build of 4.4.2? I bought phone with I9505XXUGNF1 firmware and updated over OTA (2 updates in a row, one from July and one from August) and after that I have nothing but problems with my battery. I tried factory reset, it is better but not like my previous build. I would love to reinstall full ROM, something like clean install of Windows or restore option from iTunes (i used this on my iPhone). I tried to use KIES but getting message "GT-I9505 does not support initializing". My phone is from Germany but i'm using it in Croatia. I never rooted my phone. Sorry for my English
    10-30-2014 11:42 AM
    Can I re-install latest firmware on that way or maybe rollback to older build of 4.4.2? I bought phone with I9505XXUGNF1 firmware and updated over OTA (2 updates in a row, one from July and one from August) and after that I have nothing but problems with my battery. I tried factory reset, it is better but not like my previous build. I would love to reinstall full ROM, something like clean install of Windows or restore option from iTunes (i used this on my iPhone). I tried to use KIES but getting message "GT-I9505 does not support initializing". My phone is from Germany but i'm using it in Croatia. I never rooted my phone. Sorry for my English
    Yes, you can do this. You might get update notifications, but you can do this.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-30-2014 03:59 PM
    Yes, you can do this. You might get update notifications, but you can do this.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    OK thanks, I will go back to build before update, because latest update is horror for me, i already tried factory reset and wipe cache through recovery mode, after that I installed all apps, and my dad called me on my phone, and it blocked on lock screen and I had to restart phone. This is last Samsung for me, they are super slow with firmware updates. Does Odin format whole phone and install firmware as a clean install? I need to know this for future updates (when 4.4.4 came out I'll try to update through Kies), because I will avoid OTA updates, it never worked good for me, even on iPhone, updates over iTunes were always better and more stable. And do you know why I'm getting "GT-I9505 does not support initializing".?
    10-30-2014 04:21 PM
    OK thanks, I will go back to build before update, because latest update is horror for me, i already tried factory reset and wipe cache through recovery mode, after that I installed all apps, and my dad called me on my phone, and it blocked on lock screen and I had to restart phone. This is last Samsung for me, they are super slow with firmware updates. Does Odin format whole phone and install firmware as a clean install? I need to know this for future updates (when 4.4.4 came out I'll try to update through Kies), because I will avoid OTA updates, it never worked good for me, even on iPhone, updates over iTunes were always better and more stable. And do you know why I'm getting "GT-I9505 does not support initializing".?
    I always assume that Odin will wipe the entire device. Back everything up and go from there.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-30-2014 04:30 PM
    Hello! I have an S3 neo.Can I use this guide to downgrade from kitkat 4.4.4 to previous 4.3? Thanks!
    11-07-2014 08:42 PM
    Hello! I have an S3 neo.Can I use this guide to downgrade from kitkat 4.4.4 to previous 4.3? Thanks!
    To a degree, yes. If you had Knox in both OS versions it should be fine.
    11-08-2014 12:16 AM
271 ... 678910 ...