Taking requests...

UserDowell

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
HELP!!! Even with "hands-free" turned on my Android LG G5 want let me control my music by voice unless I use "Ok Google" and I hate having to say that everytime for everything my old Galaxy would pause by me simply saying "pause" into my headphones or phone it's self. Plus "Ok Google" don't even understand half the time especially offline up in moutains

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not a guide request - but how about a "Catch Up / Thinking of Still​ Buying" type Sticky on device forums so people considering buying a model in service for months / a year or more can find the pros and cons currently experienced by users.

It's impossible to delve in to the forum and find what's good and bad with the device eg OS update spoiling battery, bootloops, camera issues etc etc. There will have been temporary long threads about one issue but they soon disappear down the list.

Owners and Champions can update this sticky regularly and help answer prospective buyers.

Big forums especially : S7/E, LG's V10, V20 G5, HTC 10, Huawei / P9/Mate 9, Honor 8, Z/Play etc.

I passed this post on to James Falconer. I also added that perhaps it's own forum may be a better idea to aid in finding the threads a little easier.
@James Falconer Just thinking about it while typing this reply, perhaps also adding an Archive to that same forum will also help to keep older Pro/Con threads for aging devices?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I expanded on this slightly when I later found the new Suggestion Box in the Site Forums.

A clearly labelled forum subsection for newcomers questions and advice might work / be too difficult to implement / be used incorrectly... who knows.
You know I was meaning fairly recent devices where you can miss the "action" if you are not there from the start. It is difficult to get an overview from chasing forum threads (it was for me) but I'm not a great researcher.
Something to consider in a future rehash maybe.
@James Falconer replied back to me and sounded thrilled at the idea. I'm 95% certain something will get started from here. It's a great idea. I just am not sure what form this will take. I personally think this would be better as it's own section closer to the top of the site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87