[Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN with the New Interface

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@DeKing, if you do it correctly, with the correct file, it will work. (If you do it with a file for another country, or another carrier, it may not.)

Shazbo25

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi there I'm totally stuck. I've followed the instructions exactly and I've now tried 2 versions of the firmware and same result. I'm getting stuck at samsung logo. I get an a, with lots of speech bubbles on reboot but no movement after that. Still seems to be stuck in a loop. It's a note 4 Model N910C and this is the only firmware I can find anywhere for this model N910CXXS2CPF1_N910CANC2CPF1_N910CXXU1COJ5_HOME.tar.md5 I'm not sure what to do now, is it a firmware issue and I'm using the wrong one? If I installed a stock rom will this wipe all of my data. trying to save the phone and the data it contains, not just to format it blank. Thanks. This is where I'm stuck and also screenshot of the ODIN completed install

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hnxpMlfY1INo3nD3lFYLw2kxhmCdGYVK

Screenshot_20181211-043338.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there I'm totally stuck. I've followed the instructions exactly and I've now tried 2 versions of the firmware and same result. I'm getting stuck at samsung logo. I get an a, with lots of speech bubbles on reboot but no movement after that. Still seems to be stuck in a loop. It's a note 4 Model N910C and this is the only firmware I can find anywhere for this model N910CXXS2CPF1_N910CANC2CPF1_N910CXXU1COJ5_HOME.tar.md5 I'm not sure what to do now, is it a firmware issue and I'm using the wrong one? If I installed a stock rom will this wipe all of my data. trying to save the phone and the data it contains, not just to format it blank. Thanks. This is where I'm stuck and also screenshot of the ODIN completed install

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hnxpMlfY1INo3nD3lFYLw2kxhmCdGYVK

View attachment 295301

Sorry for the late reply. Did you download the ROM for your exact model number. Also, I don't think you flashed the right file, as a whole ROM should take at least 10 minutes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for being even later, but after flashing a RM, the phone can take 10-15 minutes to finish booting. It has to generate an additional file for each app in the phone and, depending on hoe many there are, and whether you included the CSC file n the flash or not (not including it leaves all your files intact) ... You may start seeing "Updating 1 of 250" ... "Updating 2 of 250" If you see that, go for a long leisurely lunch and hope it'd finished when you get back. (And plug in the charger or PC - you don't want to run out of battery during a ROM flash.)