With the newer displays coming out, what is your guys' take on the basic Amoled vs. LCD? Which do you guys prefer?

I myself like the LCD of the M8 better than Amoled.
    09-03-2014 09:36 AM
    With the newer displays coming out, what is your guys' take on the basic Amoled vs. LCD? Which do you guys prefer?

I myself like the LCD of the M8 better than Amoled.
    AMOLED all the way. Had the Note 10.1 2014 edition and every one had Lightbleeding issue which is a LCD issue. Colors I prefer vibrant colors with AMOLED and Better battery life
    09-03-2014 09:40 AM
    LCD for phones. Although the lower power consumption of AMOLED is attractive.

I'm an old guy and on a TV screen prefer the natural colours of a plasma vs LCD, likewise on a phone also I find the AMOLED displays typically oversaturated too. I guess that's the way many smartphone manufacturers set them, to get that "gosh gee whiz" factor when comparing phones side by side in a shop (just like LCD TV vs plasma TV; except I don't watch TV in a brightly lit store).

AMOLED suffers screen burn in pretty badly; is this an issue on a phone I wonder, given the way they are used? Not so good in a dock on your desk I suppose, constantly displaying a home screen.
    09-03-2014 06:42 PM
    AMOLED. I like it due to:

1. zero uneven brightness, which is a common problem with any LCDs, the bigger the screen, more obvious it is.

2. ability to prolong battery life on a charge. unlike LCD, AMOLED uses zero battery when displaying black color, so by tweaking the display and adjust usage habit, it allows the possibility of real long battery life on a charge.

3. infinite contrast, this is very obvious when you use the phone in the dark... i.e., in the early mornings.

4. beautiful colors, now with best color accuracy as well.

I know there is people don't like subpixel arrangement on AMOLED, but with recent resolutions, it really is not a big deal anymore.
    09-16-2014 08:11 AM
    Please how can one know if his adroid device is using amoled or LCD display?
    12-10-2014 06:44 PM
    I think we are seeing very good LCD screens coming up from JDI and their incell tech. Although AMOLED do hav their advantages as blacks are true blacks and whites are true whites. Also with AMOLED you can save a lot of battery.
    06-18-2015 02:08 PM