Moto Z2 play display purple patch

Rohan Jangam

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

From last few days I found a pinkies or purple patch on my Moto Z2 play display.
It has a amoled display. Don't found any reason for it. Any one on forum can help me for the same.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

From last few days I found a pinkies or purple patch on my Moto Z2 play display.
It has a amoled display. Don't found any reason for it. Any one on forum can help me for the same.

Likely a hardware issue since it doesn't show up on screenshots, correct?

Rohan Jangam

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Likely a hardware issue since it doesn't show up on screenshots, correct?

Yes correct. Then what is solution for this. I m already using this mobile from last 1 and the half year. Mobile warranty already expired.
Please suggest me solution for this

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes correct. Then what is solution for this. I m already using this mobile from last 1 and the half year. Mobile warranty already expired.
Please suggest me solution for this

Screen replacement? It sounds like some damage had occurred to the display.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That kind of defect can start to spread, so one thing you should definitely do right now is make sure all of your important data is backed up. Ultimately, you may need to get the screen replaced. If the phone is still under warranty, it's worth contacting Motorola/Lenovo to see if it would be covered.

Rohan Jangam

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
That kind of defect can start to spread, so one thing you should definitely do right now is make sure all of your important data is backed up. Ultimately, you may need to get the screen replaced. If the phone is still under warranty, it's worth contacting Motorola/Lenovo to see if it would be covered.

Phone warranty already expired.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it's just that the screen will probably fail completely at some point. You can use it until then, but if it starts really impacting your ability to use the phone effectively, then you'll have to get the screen replaced (or get a new phone).

Rohan Jangam

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
No, it's just that the screen will probably fail completely at some point. You can use it until then, but if it starts really impacting your ability to use the phone effectively, then you'll have to get the screen replaced (or get a new phone).

Please find my phone display image. The purple patch is increasing day by day. Till now my phone is working fine. No touch issue. I also contacted the nearby Motorola service center. They told me that they require 3 to 4 days for replacement as they don't have Z2 play display available with them.till then I have to use the phone.

Attachments

• 98291.jpg
    98291.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 7

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that looks familiar. You've backed up or synced all of your important data, correct? Issues like this are why it's a good idea to have a cheap backup phone available, if possible.