Hi,

From last few days I found a pinkies or purple patch on my Moto Z2 play display.
    It has a amoled display. Don't found any reason for it. Any one on forum can help me for the same.
    08-12-2019 10:14 PM
    Hi,

From last few days I found a pinkies or purple patch on my Moto Z2 play display.
    It has a amoled display. Don't found any reason for it. Any one on forum can help me for the same.
    Likely a hardware issue since it doesn't show up on screenshots, correct?
    Rohan Jangam likes this.
    08-12-2019 10:16 PM
    Likely a hardware issue since it doesn't show up on screenshots, correct?
    Yes correct. Then what is solution for this. I m already using this mobile from last 1 and the half year. Mobile warranty already expired.
    Please suggest me solution for this
    08-12-2019 10:20 PM
    Yes correct. Then what is solution for this. I m already using this mobile from last 1 and the half year. Mobile warranty already expired.
    Please suggest me solution for this
    Screen replacement? It sounds like some damage had occurred to the display.
    08-12-2019 10:23 PM
    Screen replacement? It sounds like some damage had occurred to the display.
    Thanks. Do you have any idea how much it will cost me in INR if I get it replaced from Motorola service center.
    08-12-2019 10:27 PM
    Thanks. Do you have any idea how much it will cost me in INR if I get it replaced from Motorola service center.
    No idea.
    08-12-2019 10:28 PM
    No idea.
    Ok not an issue. One last question, this purple patch as on today is small in size whether this will increase or remain the same?
    08-12-2019 10:32 PM
    That kind of defect can start to spread, so one thing you should definitely do right now is make sure all of your important data is backed up. Ultimately, you may need to get the screen replaced. If the phone is still under warranty, it's worth contacting Motorola/Lenovo to see if it would be covered.
    Ry and Rohan Jangam like this.
    08-13-2019 12:32 AM
    That kind of defect can start to spread, so one thing you should definitely do right now is make sure all of your important data is backed up. Ultimately, you may need to get the screen replaced. If the phone is still under warranty, it's worth contacting Motorola/Lenovo to see if it would be covered.
    Phone warranty already expired.
    08-15-2019 06:53 AM
    Then bring it to a repair shop if you want to fix the defect.
    08-15-2019 10:41 AM
    Then bring it to a repair shop if you want to fix the defect.
    Whether it will affect other parts also if I keep using?
    08-15-2019 12:09 PM
    No, it's just that the screen will probably fail completely at some point. You can use it until then, but if it starts really impacting your ability to use the phone effectively, then you'll have to get the screen replaced (or get a new phone).
    Rohan Jangam likes this.
    08-15-2019 12:17 PM
    No, it's just that the screen will probably fail completely at some point. You can use it until then, but if it starts really impacting your ability to use the phone effectively, then you'll have to get the screen replaced (or get a new phone).
    Please find my phone display image. The purple patch is increasing day by day. Till now my phone is working fine. No touch issue. I also contacted the nearby Motorola service center. They told me that they require 3 to 4 days for replacement as they don't have Z2 play display available with them.till then I have to use the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Moto Z2 play display purple patch-98291.jpg  
    08-16-2019 11:49 AM
    Yep, that looks familiar. You've backed up or synced all of your important data, correct? Issues like this are why it's a good idea to have a cheap backup phone available, if possible.
    Rohan Jangam likes this.
    08-16-2019 12:02 PM
    Yep, that looks familiar. You've backed up or synced all of your important data, correct? Issues like this are why it's a good idea to have a cheap backup phone available, if possible.
    Yes all stuff r backed up on Google drive.
    08-16-2019 12:22 PM