just upgraded to android 10, now have TINY battery icon..cant read percentage

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
so, my motorola moto g7 with google fi just took the android 10 upgrade, and SEEMS to be performing beyond perfect...with ONE teeny, tiny little problem.

the status bar icons are TINY...I can deal with this, but for the one icon I NEED to be able to read being TINY.

the battery icon.

now, back when I got the phone last year(had android 9 at launch) I switched on the battery percentage toggle..cause I liked knowing how much of a charge I had left, and I could actually read the numbers in the icon.

now...the numbers are so TINY that even WITH my glasses, its a crapshoot as to whether my best guess is accurate.

isnt the point of a status icon supposed to be knowing your status at a glance? cause, swiping down to get font sizing I can actually read doesnt fit that bill.

is there a way to adjust this that doesnt throw the font/icon sizing of everything else into the blender, set to frappe?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If there is no native way to adjust that, you could look into a 3rd party battery monitor app like GSam, which can put a more legible battery level in the status bar.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I had the thought to put the stock clock widget in, since it has that functionality in it...but they've taken the battery guage away from that widget.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I know my HTC had it and my Samsung has it, under display there should be a way to increase the natural size of the fonts on your screen. This setting affects most native apps and may affect some installed apps. On my Samsung it's under Settings>Display>Font size and style, and there I have a slider with 8 size settings to choose from and a display to show you an example of each. It does change my percentage size some, not as dramatically as the other fonts but it may be different on a Moto.

I also have an option in Accessibility to only make text more contrasting to improve readability. That option seems to change the size a bit also but what it really appears to be doing is making the text bold. So really more of a thickness change over a size change and it does appear brighter.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the thought to put the stock clock widget in, since it has that functionality in it...but they've taken the battery guage away from that widget.

When I upgraded to A10 my issue with the stock clock widget was that it shrank. I had to replace it because it was so small after the update.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Maybe a battery app in play store can add a widget?

thats what I'm looking for..except I'm running into the age old problem of which one's the best..all I need is SOMETHING BASIC that tells me my battery level at a glance...I dont need a swiss army knife. ergo a toothpick.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thats what I'm looking for..except I'm running into the age old problem of which one's the best..all I need is SOMETHING BASIC that tells me my battery level at a glance...I dont need a swiss army knife. ergo a toothpick.
Let me see i can find something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol