Google Play won't update apps automatically or notify me

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok. If I accidentally open the Google Play app, do I have to start over?

You should restart your phone though. I have auto updates turned off because I like to choose what gets updated and when it gets updated. I restart my phone daily and usually get the notification for updates on boot up..... but not always. I'm not sure there's a hard and fast schedule the notifications go by. If I don't acknowledge the update notification and turn my phone off, I might not see the notification again for a day or two.

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just restarted my phone (2nd time today) and I got a Google Play message saying "Google Music Library Updating". It quickly disappeared when it was done. I didn't see a progress bar. I don't use Google music for anything but it's enabled on my phone. So, I'm not sure if that was an actual app update or possibly a library update.

I still haven't received any notifications that updates are available.

How long until I'm supposed to check the Google Play store app updates tab to see if they have been updating automatically?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just restarted my phone (2nd time today) and I got a Google Play message saying "Google Music Library Updating". It quickly disappeared when it was done. I didn't see a progress bar. I don't use Google music for anything but it's enabled on my phone. So, I'm not sure if that was an actual app update or possibly a library update.

I still haven't received any notifications that updates are available.

How long until I'm supposed to check the Google Play store app updates tab to see if they have been updating automatically?
So it's working the notification because it showed the music was updating , you can go to the tab under apps and games and shows you which the time
Screenshot_20201126-120935_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Under recent updates, I have 7 apps. They all day "Updated 20 hours ago". I don't know what I was doing then. That could have been prior to me following your instructions.

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I checked Google Play now. Under updates, it says 8 apps were recently updated 15 hours ago. Currently pending updates are now 4.

What's odd is 15 hours ago was the last time I manually opened the app to see how many pending updates I had. So maybe that triggered an automatic update?

I'm going to try to not open the app for a few days if I can help it to see if it updates any apps on its own.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so I checked Google Play now. Under updates, it says 8 apps were recently updated 15 hours ago. Currently pending updates are now 4.

What's odd is 15 hours ago was the last time I manually opened the app to see how many pending updates I had. So maybe that triggered an automatic update?

I'm going to try to not open the app for a few days if I can help it to see if it updates any apps on its own.
Yeah keep monitoring it , see its behavior.
I'm doing same on my phones .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21