Android Q Beta Bugs Discussion

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I figured that since many of us are jumping on the Q beta now, we should have a thread for discussing what bugs have been found. This is for anyone who isnt sure about signing up yet and want to hear from forum members first before doing it.

First thing that happened to me was a random boot into a safe screen that asked for a factory wipe or try to load the OS again. I opted for the try again and it loaded just fine. Rebooted several times since then and it didnt happen again.

Then I noticed the wallpaper for my lock screen wasnt loading properly. A reboot fixed that.

I have found that several apps arent working: Waze(Had to use Google maps instead), Instagram, one of my games.

I have also noticed that emails are coming in much slower on the phone. About 5 minutes after they arrive on my computer.

Also it seems that my trusted places home setting isnt keeping my phone unlocked. So I have to use my fingerprint or pin to unlock it every time.

These are the few I have found so far.

On a positive note, there are quite a few nice new features. The dark theme is way more present now. Im not used to it and almost think its too dark when pulling down all my notifications on the lock screen.

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android Q Beta Bugs

Photos app isn't optimized for dark mode yet - for example, here is how the menu looks in dark mode:

186e0c9e55c5eae3a57a01df5285a84b.jpg

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I forgot to add that the first time I opened the camera it crashed. Then when it opened, the pictures it took came out kinda crappy. Thought the lens was dirty but still took pics like this.
3c8ae528c9e7814288353024ef299449.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

So far
Tips and support crashes
All my banking apps are good that's like 4 of them
No apps crashed

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

So far, absolutely and drinks you better stays on! Dark motives amazing! Knock on wood, no act crashes yet! Love the new ambient display battery percentage location.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Another thing Im noticing is that my lock screen is absent of information other than the clock in the middle and battery top right. No more date or weather.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Another thing Im noticing is that my lock screen is absent of information other than the clock in the middle and battery top right. No more date or weather.
Have you double-checked your Lockscreen display settings? All the usual info is showing on the lockscreen of my 2XL: date, li'l t-storm icon & temperature.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get the Samsung Internet Browser to work on beta so I uninstalled for now. It worked but crashed a lot and I couldn't log into samsung to sync my bookmarks.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't get the Samsung Internet Browser to work on beta so I uninstalled for now. It worked but crashed a lot and I couldn't log into samsung to sync my bookmarks.
Not good.

Hey screen recording works. Go to developer options, feature flags, and then there is one about screen recording long press. Turn it on. When you long press the power button and long press the screenshot button you can then start screen recording.

BUT. I can't see where it saves the video created. So I went into files app and searched for screen in the search bar. Located my file and moved it to another folder. Now I know where it is.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude