04-18-2019 04:44 AM
79 1234
tools
    Back on topic. Today I lost my dark theme and dont have the option in settings to get it back. And FB messenger crashes on me. As bad as Beta 1 was, this is almost less of a usable daily.
    That's why we don't recommend using it for your main device.
    04-04-2019 08:25 AM
    That's why we don't recommend using it for your main device.
    Yeah yeah yeah........I do it for the forum members.
    04-04-2019 08:26 AM
    Yeah yeah yeah........I do it for the forum members.
    Just addressing your statements.

We know that going in and these betas are not meant to be used for that purpose.
    04-04-2019 08:53 AM
    Just addressing your statements.

We know that going in and these betas are not meant to be used for that purpose.
    FWIW, all the Pie betas were perfect as a daily from the start.
    04-04-2019 08:55 AM
    I'm also running Nova Prime on my Pixel 3 (not XL, stubby) and I have no problem.
    A couple of reboots seem to have fixed the problem.
    04-04-2019 08:58 AM
    FWIW, all the Pie betas were perfect as a daily from the start.
    Not true at all. That just means that you didn't see any issues. There were issues with Android Auto and other apps that I personally experienced.
    04-04-2019 08:59 AM
    Not true at all. That just means that you didn't see any issues. There were issues with Android Auto and other apps that I personally experienced.
    I guess it just shows that everyones experience with the same coding is different. I dont remember if I had AA issues but as a phone on a daily it was more usable. Yes, getting into semantics. Im just talking about something many people discuss, and that is how usable is a beta as a daily. Im just posting my findings is all.
    04-04-2019 09:05 AM
    I guess it just shows that everyones experience with the same coding is different. I dont remember if I had AA issues but as a phone on a daily it was more usable. Yes, getting into semantics. Im just talking about something many people discuss, and that is how usable is a beta as a daily. Im just posting my findings is all.
    Posting your findings is more than welcome and doesn't require my blessing.
    I'm just clarifying for the sake of those less informed or with different expectations that they shouldn't expect it to be usable for their primary device.
    HyperM3 and J Dubbs like this.
    04-04-2019 09:11 AM
    Google photos seems broken with beta 2. New photos i take with the camera are not showing up in the photos app and you also can't access photos in your device folders from photos.

I guess this should be expected since Google said some media apps are not working with beta 2.
    04-04-2019 10:44 AM
    Well Im enjoying the heck out of "Q". No problems big enough to cause any regrets so far. I think alot of problems can be traced back to 3rd party apps that have not been adequately updated yet. This is where I don't have issues simply because I keep 3rd party apps to a minimum.
    My Chase app has been updated and works now, Mike, did you get the update? I recall you saying it was crashing on you also. I don't do any social media app crap so no issues there. Beta 2 is better than beta 1 for me as it is smoother. Looking forward to seeing battery improvements, looks good so far this morning. Liking the jet black dark mode better but still would prefer a dark grey like the google feed. The important stuff is all working very well, the rest of it is not a concern.
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-04-2019 12:22 PM
    Well Im enjoying the heck out of "Q". No problems big enough to cause any regrets so far. I think alot of problems can be traced back to 3rd party apps that have not been adequately updated yet. This is where I don't have issues simply because I keep 3rd party apps to a minimum.
    My Chase app has been updated and works now, Mike, did you get the update? I recall you saying it was crashing on you also. I don't do any social media app crap so no issues there. Beta 2 is better than beta 1 for me as it is smoother. Looking forward to seeing battery improvements, looks good so far this morning. Liking the jet black dark mode better but still would prefer a dark grey like the google feed. The important stuff is all working very well, the rest of it is not a concern.
    I did get the update. Immediately after restarting the Chase app still crashed, but it could have still been optimizing. I did notice on my other device if there was an update for the Chase app but I haven't had a chance to try it out on the pixel yet.
    04-04-2019 02:51 PM
    Just tried it and it's working....Firefox still crashes
    04-04-2019 03:26 PM
    Just tried it and it's working....Firefox still crashes
    Glad Chase is working for you. It's nice to have that back. I don't use Firefox so not an issue for me. I'm finding beta 2 to be just fine
    04-04-2019 03:38 PM
    So far I've only found that the Outlook app crashes and so does work specific email apps like Boxer.
    04-04-2019 04:29 PM

Where are you seeing an option for a jet black theme?
    04-04-2019 05:53 PM
    Where are you seeing an option for a jet black theme?
    Before upgrading to "Q" there was an option for dark mode in settings. It didn't do to much but apparently having it enabled caused the "Q" upgrade to adopt a dark mode. Now alot of the old stark white is jet black on my Pixel 2. Settings, lock screen notifications etc. I no longer find the dark mode option in settings. It's a personal preference for sure but I like it alot better.
    04-04-2019 06:27 PM
    Alright, I'm in on my P2. Let's see how things goes..
    Attached Thumbnails Android Q Beta 2 discussion-screenshot_20190404-181808.jpg  
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-04-2019 08:22 PM
    Did someone mention any issue with Google photos not displaying recently taken photos?
    04-04-2019 08:31 PM
    Did someone mention any issue with Google photos not displaying recently taken photos?
    I find those recent photos are now auto stored in files
    04-04-2019 09:39 PM
    I find those recent photos are now auto stored in files
    I wonder why of all things that's broken. I believe it was OK with DP1
    04-04-2019 09:54 PM
    I believe that's correct I don't remember that being that way in the first beta either, seemed okay then.
    04-04-2019 09:57 PM
    I believe that's correct I don't remember that being that way in the first beta either, seemed okay then.
    Photos was working fine in beta 1, but it's broken in beta 2. New photos taken are stored but not displayed in Google photos. You also can't find photos stored on your device using Google photos.

To be fair though, they did mention that apps relating to photos and what not were potentially not working in this build in their little blog.
    04-05-2019 12:24 AM
    My battery life has improved and apps run smoother on beta 2. I am really enjoying my phone more. Not had issues with photos app yet. My CCTV app crashes but I have a second phone so not urgent. Paypal allows me to use my fps because it wouldn't enable on beta 1
    04-05-2019 05:44 AM
    Google warned upfront with the Beta 2 that Photos app is going to behave wonky.
    04-05-2019 10:26 AM
    Mine is working. Took this and it went straight to photos app.

(Yep am sick in bed with bronchitis and have my babies with me!)Android Q Beta 2 discussion-img_20190405_170941.jpeg
    04-05-2019 11:11 AM
79 1234