Android Q Beta 2 discussion

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Beta 2 is now available! Let's use this thread to collate feedback and issues with respect to Beta 2.
18ec26c53042667e0a92b5b5cd92a11e.jpg

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Nova Prime. Once in a while it overlays some Google icons and Google search bar on the home screen. I've been able to clear them away by closing recent apps. So far that's all I've found.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Got a couple apps that seem to struggle a bit, kinda slow is all. My banking app, Chase, works now but play store updated it also. Happy with B2. Seems very smooth overall.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, this beta2 is super laggy for me. Swiping from screen to screen causes a delay. I can't swipe up for previous apps, it freezes my phone. I really don't want to factory reset.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Moved to the Android Q forum, since this isn't only for the Pixel 3.

I am confused. I started this thread in the Pixel 3 forums as we had other threads around Beta 1 with the intention to discuss Pixel 3 specific beta discussions - My intention was not to create a generalize Android Q beta thread....and now we have more beta threads over the Pixel 3 forums....

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Clearing recent apps went bonkers. Swiping left or right won't clear them. Had to swipe up one at a time. It might be conflicting with nova launcher or just a bug.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Nova Prime. Once in a while it overlays some Google icons and Google search bar on the home screen. I've been able to clear them away by closing recent apps. So far that's all I've found.

I'm also running Nova Prime on my Pixel 3 (not XL, stubby) and I have no problem.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am confused. I started this thread in the Pixel 3 forums as we had other threads around Beta 1 with the intention to discuss Pixel 3 specific beta discussions - My intention was not to create a generalize Android Q beta thread....and now we have more beta threads over the Pixel 3 forums....

Maybe someone asked for it to be moved.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I requested it be moved since Q beta is not just a Pixel 3 discussion, it's an OS topic and since we have a forum set up for that, doesn't it make sense that to keep Q topics in the Q forum so all Pixels can discuss?

And there's only one other errant thread in Pixel 3 on regarding Q (looking at you, Mike..), and that should be moved as well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I requested it be moved since Q beta is not just a Pixel 3 discussion, it's an OS topic and since we have a forum set up for that, doesn't it make sense that to keep Q topics in the Q forum so all Pixels can discuss?

And there's only one other errant thread in Pixel 3 on regarding Q (looking at you, Mike..), and that should be moved as well.

I only started mine in Pixel 3 because I was not aware there they were being moved into the newly created subforum. That's why I didn't see that it was already created.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the beta talk should stay in the corresponding forums
pixel 3 beta in pixel 3 forums
pixel 2 beta in pixel 2 forums
the Android Version forum should be used to talk about that version once it out publicly.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think the beta talk should stay in the corresponding forums
pixel 3 beta in pixel 3 forums
pixel 2 beta in pixel 2 forums
the Android Version forum should be used to talk about that version once it out publicly.

Don't disagree, but if the Beta bugs discussion with 200+ posts gets moved here, then why not Beta 2 ? Unless it's generationally specific, no?

At this point it's still only Pixels involved anyway..

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't disagree, but if the Beta bugs discussion with 200+ posts gets moved here, then why not Beta 2 ? Unless it's generationally specific, no?

At this point it's still only Pixels involved anyway..

Beta bugs tend to differ from device to device though features tend to stay consistent - things that work on Pixel 3 could not work for Pixel 2 or the OG Pixel.

Agree that general discussions around Q beta could be in its dedicated forum but I don’t think we should limit it to only Q forum as there could be genuine discussions for that particular device.

Google will release beta builds for other devices like Nokia, Essential etc at Google I/O and this forum would become harder for folks as it makes sense to have a thread related to the beta in those device’s forum. I generally subscribe to the device forum than a generic Q forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX