Android Q Beta 2 discussion

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the beta talk should stay in the corresponding forums
pixel 3 beta in pixel 3 forums
pixel 2 beta in pixel 2 forums
the Android Version forum should be used to talk about that version once it out publicly.

This one is a tough call for me. Some issues will be across models and some won't. There will obviously be some redundancy. Perhaps the best option is Q with 2 and 3 subforums. Personally makes no difference to me, however moving stuff to Q will cause posters to create threads in 2 and 3 because they don't know Q exists as in what happened to my wonderful self today.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't disagree, but if the Beta bugs discussion with 200+ posts gets moved here, then why not Beta 2 ? Unless it's generationally specific, no?

At this point it's still only Pixels involved anyway..

You have a point, but that 200 post should of never moved.

The Q forum or Pie was for general discussion on any android running it .

Soon other android devices will be running Q beta. It makes it easier to talk with other members about issues on beta or releases in the forum your phone belongs. Pixel 2 and pixel 3 are not same devices despite they running on beta Q, different processors,builds ect. So once my 1+6 or my Samsung gets beta Q I have to go to Q General forum and discuss beta dont make sense.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This one is a tough call for me. Some issues will be across models and some won't. There will obviously be some redundancy. Perhaps the best option is Q with 2 and 3 subforums. Personally makes no difference to me, however moving stuff to Q will cause posters to create threads in 2 and 3 because they don't know Q exists as in what happened to my wonderful self today.

It confuses everyone,
When we enter Samsung beta , we dont go to general Android version discussion and same with other phones

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic. Today I lost my dark theme and dont have the option in settings to get it back. And FB messenger crashes on me. As bad as Beta 1 was, this is almost less of a usable daily.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Back on topic. Today I lost my dark theme and dont have the option in settings to get it back. And FB messenger crashes on me. As bad as Beta 1 was, this is almost less of a usable daily.

That's why we don't recommend using it for your main device.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not true at all. That just means that you didn't see any issues. There were issues with Android Auto and other apps that I personally experienced.

I guess it just shows that everyones experience with the same coding is different. I dont remember if I had AA issues but as a phone on a daily it was more usable. Yes, getting into semantics. Im just talking about something many people discuss, and that is how usable is a beta as a daily. Im just posting my findings is all.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I guess it just shows that everyones experience with the same coding is different. I dont remember if I had AA issues but as a phone on a daily it was more usable. Yes, getting into semantics. Im just talking about something many people discuss, and that is how usable is a beta as a daily. Im just posting my findings is all.

Posting your findings is more than welcome and doesn't require my blessing.
I'm just clarifying for the sake of those less informed or with different expectations that they shouldn't expect it to be usable for their primary device.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Google photos seems broken with beta 2. New photos i take with the camera are not showing up in the photos app and you also can't access photos in your device folders from photos.

I guess this should be expected since Google said some media apps are not working with beta 2.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well Im enjoying the heck out of "Q". No problems big enough to cause any regrets so far. I think alot of problems can be traced back to 3rd party apps that have not been adequately updated yet. This is where I don't have issues simply because I keep 3rd party apps to a minimum.
My Chase app has been updated and works now, Mike, did you get the update? I recall you saying it was crashing on you also. I don't do any social media app crap so no issues there. Beta 2 is better than beta 1 for me as it is smoother. Looking forward to seeing battery improvements, looks good so far this morning. Liking the jet black dark mode better but still would prefer a dark grey like the google feed. The important stuff is all working very well, the rest of it is not a concern.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well Im enjoying the heck out of "Q". No problems big enough to cause any regrets so far. I think alot of problems can be traced back to 3rd party apps that have not been adequately updated yet. This is where I don't have issues simply because I keep 3rd party apps to a minimum.
My Chase app has been updated and works now, Mike, did you get the update? I recall you saying it was crashing on you also. I don't do any social media app crap so no issues there. Beta 2 is better than beta 1 for me as it is smoother. Looking forward to seeing battery improvements, looks good so far this morning. Liking the jet black dark mode better but still would prefer a dark grey like the google feed. The important stuff is all working very well, the rest of it is not a concern.

I did get the update. Immediately after restarting the Chase app still crashed, but it could have still been optimizing. I did notice on my other device if there was an update for the Chase app but I haven't had a chance to try it out on the pixel yet.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Just tried it and it's working....Firefox still crashes

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Where are you seeing an option for a jet black theme?