Android Q Beta 2 discussion

emadhussien

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Yes I did that and it worked for a while and then returned back again and no matter how many times I try to deny and re allow the access it doesn't work so that's the fix that works for good.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
New photos were not being added to my phone or to Google Photo. I could find the photos in a file called camera but they wouldn't move. I did the fix recommended and the problem was solved. I checked on deleting photos. I'm having no problems deleting photos.

Other than Google Photos, Android Q has been quite trouble free for me. I have no games on my phone, no social media, and the few corporate apps I have, such as one to check my electrical utility account, are working fine.

Kottenkabdy91

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
My Google widget doesn't work. I can pull it up and type in a search item but it won't pull up predictive search items. Also when I go to click the search button, it will not respond.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that Betas are STILL not for me. I think I only find UI interesting once it's fully baked and can see the philosophy behind it.

This Q beta has been interesting, but I think I'll resign and wait until August for the finished product.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
All the camera lag and shutter lag that I have experienced since day one with my 3XL is 100% solved with the new Q Beta 2.... It's amazing!

The only real bug I've encountered is that none of my video editing apps can recognize videos on my phone. That is, when I want to add a video clip I took on my camera, the editing app will see the folder (and even show a thumbnail of the videos within the folder) but when I click on the folder, it thinks that the folder does not contain media and it shows it as empty.

I have installed three or four different video editing programs and they all act the exact same way. I have a feeling that it's some sort of new permission that's unchecked somewhere within that new Q settings. Any ideas?

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
If you read a few posts up you will see the fix was posted

"If you allow Permissions to Photos and Videos for both Camera and Google Photos it fixes the issue"

Thanks for the video. Way too much work for me though to get Photos working. I'll wait for the next beta and see where we are at.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, so much for beta for me. I was getting constant Google Play Services FCs (on a Pixel 2)so I rebooted. That didn't fix it, so I reflashed beta 2.

It went fine until the terminal disappeared and I was left in the bootloader, but fastboot devices just waited for a device. I restarted (normally - Start) and it restarted in the bootloader, in slot b. The computer still didn't see it. Still in slot b. Since the computer doesn't see it (yes, I tried different ports, different cables), I can't change the active slot to a. But slot b is unbootable.

So I RMAed it, and the new one should be arriving today - and it stays on Pie until Q is released. There's nothing wrong with using my Note 3 as my daily driver, but that's not what I paid $800 for.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, so much for beta for me. I was getting constant Google Play Services FCs (on a Pixel 2)so I rebooted. That didn't fix it, so I reflashed beta 2.

It went fine until the terminal disappeared and I was left in the bootloader, but fastboot devices just waited for a device. I restarted (normally - Start) and it restarted in the bootloader, in slot b. The computer still didn't see it. Still in slot b. Since the computer doesn't see it (yes, I tried different ports, different cables), I can't change the active slot to a. But slot b is unbootable.

So I RMAed it, and the new one should be arriving today - and it stays on Pie until Q is released. There's nothing wrong with using my Note 3 as my daily driver, but that's not what I paid $800 for.

Will they get butthurt since it's in a beta, by chance?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They didn't argue, they just offered me advanced replacement or standard replacement - They send first or I send first. But I don't think there's anything they can do but replace the motherboard. If there were some way to get it to boot to a, or get it to talk to the computer, I'd fix it myself - I've brick this thing many times. But the computer doesn't even see a USB connection happening - the bootloader is that badly corrupted.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that in the last couple of days the wallpaper I use gets stretched vertically and I have to reinstall it. Also, sometimes I can't clear the recent apps and have to reboot to solve the problem. Seems latest issues started around the time of the small 19 mb patch. Nothing I can't live with, just annoying. I hope beta 3 is better.

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Q's been pretty smooth on my P3. I had the issue with Photos and fixed it quite a while ago no problems there since.
Outlook app continually crashes, unusable.
Now Playing no longer updates on my lock screen, though it is still working. Can tell because Now Playing history shows any and all music played near the phone.
The settings seem right.
Don't really care about the Outlook problem (it's only work stuff anyway!) but I really enjoyed the Now Playing feature on the lock screen. Not 100% sure it's because of Q but I think it is.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I noticed that in the last couple of days the wallpaper I use gets stretched vertically and I have to reinstall it. Also, sometimes I can't clear the recent apps and have to reboot to solve the problem. Seems latest issues started around the time of the small 19 mb patch. Nothing I can't live with, just annoying. I hope beta 3 is better.
Same thing happens to me. A bit annoying with the wallpaper.