I don't know if it's just something I'm doing wrong, but whatever I try to send a voice text to a contact with Google Assistant when my phone is locked, it always thinks I'm trying to do a Google search and can't perform the action. When my phone's unlocked I do the same The Voice type search, it's sends the message out. Has anyone else experienced us at all?
    05-18-2019 05:49 PM
    Has this ever worked??? I mean if anyone can say, OK Google, send message to Jane, I will be jumping off of my van today., send while you're phone is locked is that really a good thing? I see it as a kin to not being able to dial any number but an emergency number while the phone is locked... You don't Thor down the street to be able to make calls on your phone if it's locked and Thor is an avid comic book pusher.
    05-19-2019 03:27 AM
    True I suppose. I was looking at it more as a convenience factor, but yes, from a safety standpoint, of course not.
    05-19-2019 07:37 AM
    Wow there were a lot of typeos in that, I'm glad you got my point. Anyway another option would be Smart Lock. If you had some device or location that you trusted to keep your device unlocked it would work then. So say when you're home, you're in a safe place, you could use your router or even your location to have your phone unlocked and then use the voice to text.
    05-19-2019 07:20 PM
    Actually I found that even when phone is locked I can voice type to someone although it doesn't work all the time but it works more so than not. It's a little weird but I remember it working in the past.
    05-19-2019 07:21 PM
    Yeah but Google has been on this new security kick it seems lately and they've taken a lot of control away. Well not control but features maybe. Anyway White Pages and Reverse Lookup used to draw numbers from your recently called log and you could just open the app and select the number but they threatened to shutdown both apps if they didn't change them to comply. Evidently as a user if I choose to allow an app access to me call log it's a bad thing. Go figure. Well I'm sorry I didn't have something more definitive for you.
    05-19-2019 07:36 PM
    Well, I'll tell you, you're right about that part. It's a security features obsession which I agree about it's just that some things are not as seamless as they used to be due to security constraints I think.
    05-19-2019 07:37 PM
    Okay so I know there's going to sound weird, but I've noticed that Google Voice typing is a lot more accurate in almost every other application where you have to type something accept Android messaging for regular SMS. Like for example, when you comment and Google photos for a photo, and Gmail, and hangouts, or any other forums application like tapatalk. I know it's a weird observation but I've noticed that for a while. I'm not so sure why that is though. they said you hit the microphone and start talking It works and it works pretty accurately. Versus Android messaging where you are waiting for it to be listening and then do a better job of proofreading.
    05-20-2019 06:05 AM