dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Seems more polished to me too. Is it me or does the OS especially the gestures feel smoother. I'm using the new features system and for beta 4 I ended up going back to the middle gestures setting not the full blown gestures bc it was buggy but right now after using it for about 2 hrs seems way smoother and responsive.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
One issue I have had is that gestures keep reverting to 3 button navigation without me going to settings. I am using Action Launcher and the gestures have been working for me with it but then they crash and default back to 3 button navigation and my custom coloured theme and icon shape go back to default as well.

Didn't have these issues with beta 4

I believe they removed support for full gestural nav with 3rd party launchers in this beta

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems more polished to me too. Is it me or does the OS especially the gestures feel smoother. I'm using the new features system and for beta 4 I ended up going back to the middle gestures setting not the full blown gestures bc it was buggy but right now after using it for about 2 hrs seems way smoother and responsive.

Yes the gestures are much smoother

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just finished. My phone is a Pixel 3, my WiFi downloaded at 9Mbps, and I have a total of 73 apps including the ones I don't know why they're there.

I timed the "optimizing apps" activity. It took 41 minutes. I went along at a good clip till about 80% then it slowed down to 95% and then went ahead and finished. Sure, I'd be happier if it downloaded the update and optimized the apps all in 5 seconds but it is what it is.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe they removed support for full gestural nav with 3rd party launchers in this beta

No. I'm using Nova launcher and my gestures work fine. I do have a double-tap on the home screen to call up the App Drawer set in Nova. All the other gestures are Android Q5.

It's working fine.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No. I'm using Nova launcher and my gestures work fine. I do have a double-tap on the home screen to call up the App Drawer set in Nova. All the other gestures are Android Q5.

It's working fine.
actually, I thought that's exactly what happened with beta 5. Google stop full screen navigation gestures with third party launchers

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Beta 5 is on pause...

"Update 7/10: Beta 5 over-the-air updates paused
We're aware of an issue with Android Q Beta 5 related to installing updates. We've temporarily paused Beta 5 OTA updates to all Pixel devices as we investigate the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience, and will provide this post once the issue is resolved."

https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/cbjifg/android_q_beta_5_now_available/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
okay so in beta 5, in developer settings, override four star mode setting doesn't force crash anymore, but I haven't gotten it to work either. Has anyone else had any luck with this at all?

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Exponentially faster and snappier. Now swiping apps away no longer doubles if that makes sense.

However I will say I take issue with the new corner indicators. Ugly as all hell. I hope they remove them or make them an on/off toggle. Other than that super super snappy, I love it.