eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Beta 5 is much worse on battery for me also. Let's see what happens over the next two days.
Maybe quick restart also , I haven't monitor mine, but see how it goes in couple days.
It was down to 40% by lunchtime today with only moderate use from 7am. I'd normally be a lot higher than that by then. I'll do a proper check tomorrow after an overnight charge and see what the stats are
You know I must say I have to agree. Attach below is a screenshots of my battery life. Usually by this time with my usage I'm down to 75% battery.. interesting...
29bba9667c822519e059da0bd4f57fa9.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All smooth and everything works including banking and Google pay, only issue i've had is random volume issues where all of a sudden the volume is turned right down. Has happened when watching videos on amazon prime and also notifications and ring tone, not muted but just gets turned right down. Pixel 3
I agree completely beta 5 smooth, fast, responsive.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
After reviewing my navigation switches back to 3 button. Not a big deal but annoying to have to redo all the dev options AND navigation after reboot

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My boot sequence is still white. Is there a setting that I have to switch

No. What I found were statements that if you've set the system to dark mode the boot screen is included. It's working for me and since I turn my phone on every morning I'm loving the dark screen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As a second post for battery life on beta 5, can definitely Tell that battery life on Android Q Beta 5 is worse. I just hope that Google improve this before final release / production.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I need to keep rebooting to see my Google feed. It keeps going away. This is new for me with beta 5. (Pixel2)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
As a second post for battery life on beta 5, can definitely Tell that battery life on Android Q Beta 5 is worse. I just hope that Google improve this before final release / production.

My battery life is noticibly worse. Was hoping it would straighten out but hasn’t yet.

Jtox1968

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
I got the update on my Pixel 2 XL. Seems smooth so far. Battery drained faster today, but I did download and play Dr. Mario. I'll delete it and see if the battery is affected tomorrow. I have Dark Theme set to on, but still get the bright white boot screen.

KC1988

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the update on my Pixel 2 XL. Seems smooth so far. Battery drained faster today, but I did download and play Dr. Mario. I'll delete it and see if the battery is affected tomorrow. I have Dark Theme set to on, but still get the bright white boot screen.

Dark boot screen only works on Pixel 3s.
Beta 5 is really good but my battery drains awfully fast. On beta 4, moderate use and I make it till late evening. Today, had to recharge around 1pm.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is noticibly worse. Was hoping it would straighten out but hasn’t yet.
Yes, absolutely, my battery is all worse than beta 4! I'm actually using battery saver mode now starting at 40% battery. The rest of operating system is perfect but the battery is horrible.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Alrighty, so just to give everyone an idea as to what my RCS and messaging settings screen looks like here's a picture of it. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue at all but I can't figure out what's going on...
c7ccbd8cda42864934dda2851770e4ad.jpg
Yes. It is to do with carrier services. This is the problem I had with my Samsung S7 Edge. It wouldn't set up until I uninstalled carrier services from apps in settings (turn on show system settings in options) then I reinstalled the newer version from the play store. I also cleared the cache and data in messages from apps tab in settings. Then I restarted my phone and it went from setting up to connected.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded beta 5 - the gestures are not very good at all.

Trying to swipe in diagonally is an extremely frustrating experience. You either get the left swipe or the up swipe - neither of which are the assistant. Seems like you need to be smack bang on the corner and swipe perfectly diagonal for assistant to activate. It's very finicky. It keeps showing their ugly corner indicators which are distracting. I'd rather just turn off the corner swipe for assistant, but don't know how. It doesn't seem to be in settings or developer settings unless I missed it.

The peek gesture for slide in menus is bad as it feels unintuitive and if you're pressing a link on the far left of the screen, it won't recognise the peek function and activate the link instead, so you have to scroll somewhere that is clear of any clickable links. I feel like if they just made the left to right swipe auto swipe in the slide menu then another swipe would go back might be better? Not sure, but what it is now isn't a good solution.

Not sure how much will change before final release but this is confusing and unintuitive.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded beta 5 - the gestures are not very good at all.

Trying to swipe in diagonally is an extremely frustrating experience. You either get the left swipe or the up swipe - neither of which are the assistant. Seems like you need to be smack bang on the corner and swipe perfectly diagonal for assistant to activate. It's very finicky. It keeps showing their ugly corner indicators which are distracting. I'd rather just turn off the corner swipe for assistant, but don't know how. It doesn't seem to be in settings or developer settings unless I missed it.

The peek gesture for slide in menus is bad as it feels unintuitive and if you're pressing a link on the far left of the screen, it won't recognise the peek function and activate the link instead, so you have to scroll somewhere that is clear of any clickable links. I feel like if they just made the left to right swipe auto swipe in the slide menu then another swipe would go back might be better? Not sure, but what it is now isn't a good solution.

Not sure how much will change before final release but this is confusing and unintuitive.
Is it much different from Beta 4?