Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
2- and 3-button navigation are both still available options under Gestures in Settings.

But were there Game Driver Preferences and ANGLE Preferences under Developer Options before? I don't game, so I dunno. The Override Force Dark toggle still doesn't survive a reboot on my 2XL.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah full gesture navigation is now disabled for third party launchers...oh well after all they did say it would only be temporary.

Hmm.. sorry Action Launcher for now...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Beta 6 was just released, downloading right now. I pray to God day they fixed the battery life issue, always on Ambient display notification problem, and double tap to wait gesture issue.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Battery still seems woeful but I'll give it a day or two to reserve judgement. Night Sight has replaced Panorama in the camera app I see too

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish there were a way to make the Google Assistant on the home screen blacked out or transparent or something.
c1d4a21952441c205bec3acda7a60e56.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had to go back to 3 button navigation with Action Launcher in beta 5. It defaulted back on my device. So it has been weird using the 3 buttons for the last week or so. I will go back to Pixel Launcher to try out the gestures and see if they are any better. So far can't really see any changes on beta 6. Got it on both my P2XL and my OG Pixel XL. The latter is using gestures.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had to go back to 3 button navigation with Action Launcher in beta 5. It defaulted back on my device. So it has been weird using the 3 buttons for the last week or so. I will go back to Pixel Launcher to try out the gestures and see if they are any better. So far can't really see any changes on beta 6. Got it on both my P2XL and my OG Pixel XL. The latter is using gestures.
Got my 3xl on beta 6 right now. I'm going to test battery life for the next couple days or so. seems like the visuals of notifications on ambient display was on has been fixed, and so has the battery meter on always on Ambient display.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My battery life has been excellent. Usually 6 hours SoT and around 18 hours life.

Although full gestures are disabled on Action Launcher I have been able to go back to 2 button gestures. So that is an improvement on beta 5 which was 3 button navigation only.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been excellent. Usually 6 hours SoT and around 18 hours life.

Although full gestures are disabled on Action Launcher I have been able to go back to 2 button gestures. So that is an improvement on beta 5 which was 3 button navigation only.
Wait wait wait I'm sorry, you're saying battery life is excellent on which beta are you one?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Wait wait wait I'm sorry, you're saying battery life is excellent on which beta are you one?
On all of Q I have had excellent battery life. Granted my phone is a new Pixel 2 XL bought in March or April this year, but I regularly get nearly 6 hours SoT using video, texts, RCS, reading, listening to podcasts etc and it lasts nearly 19 hours. But I have had no battery issues on Q.

My Pixel OG XL has been lasting over 2 days with minimal use but Bluetooth permanently connected to my SmartWatch.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a battery problem. My estimated time on a full charge is over two days but since I don't charge to 100%, the screen-on-time isn't useful. I don't play games on the phone, don't watch music videos, don't do social media, and whatever those things are that have people walking in heavy traffic while they stare at their phones are missing on my phone.

I've been checking out beta 6 since late last night and other than one glitch it's fine. The glitch was the option font I sat didn't hold but now it seems to. I had no significant problems with beta 5 either.

I'm on a Pixel 3, Nova launcher.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Look this is my phone right now on beta 6View attachment 306424View attachment 306425
On all of Q I have had excellent battery life. Granted my phone is a new Pixel 2 XL bought in March or April this year, but I regularly get nearly 6 hours SoT using video, texts, RCS, reading, listening to podcasts etc and it lasts nearly 19 hours. But I have had no battery issues on Q.

My Pixel OG XL has been lasting over 2 days with minimal use but Bluetooth permanently connected to my SmartWatch.
I'm testing battery life on beta 6 right now, and so far you're right, Google listen to all of us and they fixed the battery life issue in beta 5! I'm so happy! I'm going to continue texting all day long today and send you my screenshots from after the day but so far it's looking good! Yeah, once we all updated the beta 5, by your life was horrible! in a full day, I burnt up 50% of my battery And I barely even use my phone. You're right though, Overall on Q, battery life has been amazing!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a battery problem. My estimated time on a full charge is over two days but since I don't charge to 100%, the screen-on-time isn't useful. I don't play games on the phone, don't watch music videos, don't do social media, and whatever those things are that have people walking in heavy traffic while they stare at their phones are missing on my phone.

I've been checking out beta 6 since late last night and other than one glitch it's fine. The glitch was the option font I sat didn't hold but now it seems to. I had no significant problems with beta 5 either.

I'm on a Pixel 3, Nova launcher.
unfortunately like myself, a lot of other users especially on issue tracker for Q, reporting major battery issues on beta 5.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the new gesture sensitivity? I don't really notice a difference. It does seem like overall the side menu doesn't work well in beta 6