Dark mode - is it a big deal to you?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Most of us have tried Samsungs previously as well as others but come back to stick with the pixel line and I think security and system updates being so timely have spoiled us. I'd personally find it hard to to use a Samsung when I knew the pixels were 3 or 4 security updates ahead of me. And the new os's coming out annually is more icing on the pixel cake. I wonder how long it will be before any Samsungs get android 10. Any guesses? 6 months at least is my guess. We'll be close to android 11 beta before they see 10.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Most of us have tried Samsungs previously as well as others but come back to stick with the pixel line and I think security and system updates being so timely have spoiled us. I'd personally find it hard to to use a Samsung when I knew the pixels were 3 or 4 security updates ahead of me. And the new os's coming out annually is more icing on the pixel cake. I wonder how long it will be before any Samsungs get android 10. Any guesses? 6 months at least is my guess. We'll be close to android 11 beta before they see 10.
I don't honestly find it hard if not impossible to the Samsung Galaxy phoney and not just for the untimely updates, but for the bloatware, the addition of l Galaxy apps In addition to Google apps it's all part of the same equation which is why we have pixel phones versus Galaxy phones! Verizon Galaxy S8. I tried my hardest to like it but I finally wound up putting all Google apps on it including side loading the Google camera APK file because it was a better camera application with HDR versus the Galaxy camera application. Samsung phones are staticle beautiful there's no question about that, however that's about it. They make some of the best screen technology in the business the beautiful to look at they always have been. But yeah they don't get timely updates. Amazing, fluid , intuitive software that will never change. That's why I personally will never go I find it some of frustrating and annoying at this point that all other injured manufactures have some skin over Android. Motorola, LG, they all have a light skin over Android. It never used to be this way. The first generations of numerology 8555 when Android stop Android. Even HTC has stock Android even though HTC doesn't make phones anymore. But that's another story. I apologize if this sounds like a rant, was not intending for that lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That is the unfortunate thing about Samsung... And other manufacturers, for that matter.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That is the unfortunate thing about Samsung... And other manufacturers, for that matter.
They even more annoying thing is the fact that Samsung and all these other phone manufacturers for Android do it to themselves. I understand the future rich usernames face, however, most consumers do not use those features and even if you show them how to use a fetus they don't have a need to use those features. That's why I picked the phones are so easy to use. They don't have any extra features that people won't ever use. that's also why the software updates take forever. Samsung, LG, Motorola all use Southwest skins, and have to engineer and design their software skins around the Android 10. Pixel phones don't. That's how it's always been, that's probably how it always be. Because other than the beautiful design of Galaxy phones and the beautiful screens of Galaxy phones That's why you mainly buy a Samsung phone in general.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung bloatware generally bites it IMO.
Now to steer back on topic. Still missing some dark mode goodies like assistant and gmail to name two biggies. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the first poster saying it’s really out and they have it. Gradual rollout supposedly so won’t be all getting it at once. But hopefully it will start trickling out soon.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now to steer back on topic. Still missing some dark mode goodies like assistant and gmail to name two biggies. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the first poster saying it’s really out and they have it. Gradual rollout supposedly so won’t be all getting it at once. But hopefully it will start trickling out soon.
Yes Samsung bloatware bites the big one. Come on Google, dark mode Gmail, Google Assistant!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

What about dark mode for the SMS app? Is there a feature there already to toggle it on that I missed?

Edit: AW YES I got it!