Tap to translate (with Google Translate) is no longer working for me after updating to 10. I copy the message to be translated, but i no longer get the pop-up button. I have "display over other apps" allowed.

Does anyone have it working correctly?
    09-03-2019 10:17 PM
    I'm having that exact same problem. I was advised to make sure all my permissions were allowed and to clear my cache. Unfortunately, neither approach solved the issue. Anyhow, I notified Google of the problem. Very frustrating.
    09-04-2019 08:39 AM
    Tap to translate (with Google Translate) is no longer working for me after updating to 10. I copy the message to be translated, but i no longer get the pop-up button. I have "display over other apps" allowed.

Does anyone have it working correctly?
    So I guess this is what your speaking about ? I didn't have my notification for the app on before reading your thread. I cleaned the cache for the app before I tested to see if mine worked .
    (Pixel 2 XL)

09-05-2019 09:49 PM
    No, that is not the tap to translate. See this That icon over the app does not appear. In reading about it other functions that were able to float over apps are also broken in Android 10.
    09-06-2019 09:23 PM
    I use this dozens if not hundreds of times a day for personal and business use. It was the single feature that keep me on an android phone. Not having it is horrible for me. I am looking at ways to hack back to Pie to get this feature back.... i would never have upgraded if I knew it would disappear.
    mbxx likes this.
    09-06-2019 09:25 PM
    Tap to translate isn't working since Beta 2 for Android Q. A ton of information are in the issues tracker about that problem. Google doesn't care about it. I miss that function a lot. But Google...wtf it's a Google application and Google are not able to solve that problem since March. I don't believe Google will bring us back that nice function anymore.
    09-07-2019 08:00 PM
    Tap to translate isn't working since Beta 2 for Android Q. A ton of information are in the issues tracker about that problem. Google doesn't care about it. I miss that function a lot. But Google...wtf it's a Google application and Google are not able to solve that problem since March. I don't believe Google will bring us back that nice function anymore.
    Google has disappointed me many, many times removing functionality or apps that i use regularly. This is probably the one that will get me to try an iPhone next if the don't fix it.
    09-07-2019 10:34 PM
    I use this dozens if not hundreds of times a day for personal and business use. It was the single feature that keep me on an android phone. Not having it is horrible for me. I am looking at ways to hack back to Pie to get this feature back.... i would never have upgraded if I knew it would disappear.
    You should never be an early upgrader if you need your phone to keep working reliably in all the ways you're used to. That's when you need to wait a while, until the new os has everything working properly, then upgrade. You can turn off auto updating in developer options to be sure it won't auto update on you ;-)
    09-08-2019 06:32 AM