As the tittle states, I don't see my notifications pop up when I receive one (i.e. text message, etc). It was working for some time yesterday, but today is not working again.

I do get the notification on the top bar, but they do not pop up.

Anyone else experiencing this??
    onpinsandneedles likes this.
    09-04-2019 12:28 PM
    As the tittle states, I don't see my notifications pop up when I receive one (i.e. text message, etc). It was working for some time yesterday, but today is not working again.

I do get the notification on the top bar, but they do not pop up.

Anyone else experiencing this??
    I am seeing this, as well, and when I go into WhatsApp's own notification settings, under 'Popup notification' it says "Popup notifications are no longer available in your version of Android."

I can't find much info on this online. I'm not sure why they'd disable this feature altogether, as opposed to giving users the option of simply enabling/disabling it. This is really disappointing.
    09-04-2019 02:43 PM
    I'm having this issue, but worst part is that if I get a phone call while using the phone, I can't answer the call nor I know who is calling until I swipe down the notification shade. Very annoying
    09-04-2019 10:14 PM
    Strange. On the 2, I get notifications on both the lock screen and the turned-on screen, including the caller-ID.

Try feedback (in settings) to report it to Google, it has to be a 3XL thing (the updates are different for different phones).
    anon(10092459) and J Dubbs like this.
    09-05-2019 04:16 PM
    Well. I submitted the trace logs to Google. Let's see how long it takes them to fix.
    09-09-2019 05:10 PM
    Strange. On the 2, I get notifications on both the lock screen and the turned-on screen, including the caller-ID.

Try feedback (in settings) to report it to Google, it has to be a 3XL thing (the updates are different for different phones).
    I forgot to specify I'm actually on a 2 xl, so it's not specific to the 3.
    09-09-2019 09:47 PM
    Interesting update: It seems that I nailed down the cause in order to reproduce 100% of time.

IF there is a notification already on the notification bar on top, then any subsequent pop up notification works without issue. However, if all notifications are cleared, any new pop up notification won't "pop up" on screen.
    I think there may be an issue in how the system is handling 'silent notifications' and alert notifications with pop up behavior.
    09-10-2019 09:04 AM
    UPDATE: After working with Google through Android Bug Tracker system, it seems that they identified and fixed the issue for pop up notifications. Will be included in future build release.
    09-13-2019 09:17 AM