Double tap to wake gesture

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think when any phone with this feature sits for more than a few minutes sleeping as it were...the app that controls double tap to wake also get's pushed out of memory to save battery. Therefore the first tap tells the phone to wake up, and the second tap tells the screen to turn on. My $0.02

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think when any phone with this feature sits for more than a few minutes sleeping as it were...the app that controls double tap to wake also get's pushed out of memory to save battery. Therefore the first tap tells the phone to wake up, and the second tap tells the screen to turn on. My $0.02
well, you could be right. Yesterday night when the double tap to wake feature my phone failed, that was out the several different times where I double tapped it slowly , and quickly , and slowly , quickly, etc. Nothing I did would wake the lock screen unfortunately.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really try to like double tap to make just your picture on my 3XL, but unfortunately like I said, sometimes when I get notifications , especially important notifications every now and then it fails to work. Last night for example I had a few different notifications from emails And the double tap to wake feature didn't work at all. I finally disabled it and right now I'm just using the power button to highlight my lock screen.

I'm wondering why it can be kind of finicky. Maybe it's because my fingers are sweaty or dirty; maybe I'm not tapping quicky enough... But I'm not sure.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering why it can be kind of finicky. Maybe it's because my fingers are sweaty or dirty; maybe I'm not tapping quicky enough... But I'm not sure.
Yeah like I said I tried every combination. Now I'm just hitting the power button like normal. I just simply don't get it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully future updates may help fix this - I'm unsure if it's hardware or software.
yeah, that's the weirder thing about it. I don't know if it's software issue or a hardware glitch. I mean obviously it's not the end of the world just figured I'd ask around and make a posting about it...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah, that's the weirder thing about it. I don't know if it's software issue or a hardware glitch. I mean obviously it's not the end of the world just figured I'd ask around and make a posting about it...

Oh, for sure! I just love the feature so much - ever since my LG G3 - and so it's sad when it doesn't work all the time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, for sure! I just love the feature so much - ever since my LG G3 - and so it's sad when it doesn't work all the time.
You know I hear you. I mean seems like a good feature, but I'd rather my power button be functional and more reliable than double tap to waste feature on my phone if that makes sense.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mhmm interesting, very interesting. I haven't used a double tap to wake feature in weeks. Just sending the power button to wake up lock screen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried double tap to wake gesture one more time afterwards, it didn't work consistently. I just disabled it and got used to hitting the power button whenever I want to see the notifications on my lock screen. That's about it. I Love things that work consistently.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far after the January security patch update, I've noticed that the double tap to wake just sure on my 3XL is much more reliable. The longest I've had to wait for it to wake my lock screen was three different double tap gestures. That's about it though! What does everyone else think though?

Update: unfortunately, My double tap to wake feature completely failed me this morning. I'm once in turning it off. Oh well.

Last edited:

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Prior to the 10 update, my Nokia 7.1's double tap to wake was very unreliable. Since 10 dropped at the end of December, it's been absolutely perfect. Love it now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc