No Dark Mode for Gmail or Google App, anyone else?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got Duo dark. Still waiting on GMail. But the crazy thing is the Google app along with the Google ***. are back to blinding mode, with the theme option missing in settings.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got Duo dark. Still waiting on GMail. But the crazy thing is the Google app along with the Google ***. are back to blinding mode, with the theme option missing in settings.
Damn it, my Google app Google assistant, and Gmail are still white as snowman! Duo is like the only thing that's dark mode.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Android central will ever move to a dark mode. Macrumors, an Apple forum has a very nice dark mode. I think Apple has done a very good job of utilizing a dark mode on the iPhone as well as the new Catalina OS. Let's go Google, I can't believe I'm enjoying a dark mode more on my iPhone than my pixel.
At least when I talk to Siri in the dark she doesn't light up the entire room. Lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if Android central will ever move to a dark mode. Macrumors, an Apple forum has a very nice dark mode. I think Apple has done a very good job of utilizing a dark mode on the iPhone as well as the new Catalina OS. Let's go Google, I can't believe I'm enjoying a dark mode more on my iPhone than my pixel.
At least when I talk to Siri in the dark she doesn't light up the entire room. Lol.
It has dark mode in settings

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
wow, that hurts my eyes more in dark mode. To much contrast or something. guess I'll stop complaining. ;)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Fiend of mine just got dark mode for GMail. Still nothing here though.
Yep yep, speaking of which , just got dark mode on my Gmail finally!!
818c05756b135ce4dfd102b6e4513711.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I swear I know it's a server side thing, but Google takes forever!

Nice, So you didn't need to switch anything on in gmail settings or update the app in the play store? It just appeared in dark mode clear out of the blue? Also, is it real black or more dark gray? Hoping for a dark gray.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nice, So you didn't need to switch anything on in gmail settings or update the app in the play store? It just appeared in dark mode clear out of the blue? Also, is it real black or more dark gray? Hoping for a dark gray.
Nah, it's weird. One moment my Gmail inbox was snowman white, and the next 10 minutes I looked it was dark as the night sky!