2XL Camera app not working after Android 10 update

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The camera module could be bad. Install a different camera app to check that. You might even prefer the app from the Pixel 3 - the Night Site is unbelievable (it doesn't take pictures with no light, but it's close) and HDR+ is improved. Google Camera

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It's two different forums, I was not sure if Pixel 2 users would have a different take then just the software users.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious , they won't warranty it

They will, but I have to charge 850 on a credit card as a hold, until they get me broken phone. The 3XL is 600, and they want to hold 850 for this 2XL???? No. I told them, I will just do the old slow way and walk away from Google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't blame you !
They will, but I have to charge 850 on a credit card as a hold, until they get me broken phone. The 3XL is 600, and they want to hold 850 for this 2XL???? No. I told them, I will just do the old slow way and walk away from Google.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The debit hold isn't a debit - they just hold $850 of your card (so you can't overcharge the card) in case you don't return the one you have. (I've done this 6 times with them so far and, although it's a pain at first, you get used to it after the first 2 or 3 are removed from your card account.) That's so they can send you the new phone before you send them back the old one. If you'd rather do without a phone for a couple of weeks, send them yours back first, and they'll send you the new one without putting a hold on your card. (I preferred to get the new phone first - they ship it second day, but yours could take 2 weeks to get to them [even if you ship it overnight - they get hundreds a day, so it takes days to get to yours]. If you let them put the hold on the card, it can take 3 weeks after you return the phone [in the same box the replacement came in, and with their emailed label, so it costs you nothing] before the hold is removed.)

But it's legitimate. You will have the hold removed ... eventually.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The debit hold isn't a debit - they just hold $850 of your card (so you can't overcharge the card) in case you don't return the one you have. (I've done this 6 times with them so far and, although it's a pain at first, you get used to it after the first 2 or 3 are removed from your card account.) That's so they can send you the new phone before you send them back the old one. If you'd rather do without a phone for a couple of weeks, send them yours back first, and they'll send you the new one without putting a hold on your card. (I preferred to get the new phone first - they ship it second day, but yours could take 2 weeks to get to them [even if you ship it overnight - they get hundreds a day, so it takes days to get to yours]. If you let them put the hold on the card, it can take 3 weeks after you return the phone [in the same box the replacement came in, and with their emailed label, so it costs you nothing] before the hold is removed.)

But it's legitimate. You will have the hold removed ... eventually.

The problem is that my bank refuses to authorize anything from Google, due to the amount of fraud that goes through Google Play. So, that's not possible.

I have a Google credit card from Synchrony Bank, but Google won't let me use it for this purpose.

This is bad customer service.

I told them I have bought 12 phones in 6 years, and this is how they show loyalty.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is bad customer service.

I told them I have bought 12 phones in 6 years, and this is how they show loyalty.

This is standard practice with most electronics, when dealing with company policies it doesn't much matter how many devices you've bought from them. I once called HP for printer support, when they determined the printer needed repair they wanted a credit card for advance replacement (replacement before the old one comes back, the printer couldn't serviced in the field).

I see this complaint a lot, both here and in a Facebook group I participate in, but Google is just protecting against someone claiming a warranty issue to get a new hone and never send the "bad" device back, by holding funds on a credit card they are ensuring there is a desire to return the bad device. Samsung is going to do the same thing, Motorola will as well. LG? You guessed it. The only way to get around it would be to send your phone back first, wait for it to get there, get evaluated and then they send the replacement, if that's even an option.

Oh yeah - don't be surprised to get a refurbished phone, that's also allowed by the terms of the warranty...

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This is standard practice with most electronics, when dealing with company policies it doesn't much matter how many devices you've bought from them. I once called HP for printer support, when they determined the printer needed repair they wanted a credit card for advance replacement (replacement before the old one comes back, the printer couldn't serviced in the field).

I see this complaint a lot, both here and in a Facebook group I participate in, but Google is just protecting against someone claiming a warranty issue to get a new hone and never send the "bad" device back, by holding funds on a credit card they are ensuring there is a desire to return the bad device. Samsung is going to do the same thing, Motorola will as well. LG? You guessed it. The only way to get around it would be to send your phone back first, wait for it to get there, get evaluated and then they send the replacement, if that's even an option.

Oh yeah - don't be surprised to get a refurbished phone, that's also allowed by the terms of the warranty...

I get that, but they are not holding the value of what the phone is worth, they are holding the price it was 2 years ago.

The 3XL is 600 right now. Why do they need 850? That's what I am talking about. My loyalty should hold some value was well. Repeat loyalty is the bread and butter of any company.

Also, my Google Store credit card, which is to be used at the Google Store, for phones, is not accepted for this service? REALLY?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I get that, but they are not holding the value of what the phone is worth, they are holding the price it was 2 years ago.

The 3XL is 600 right now. Why do they need 850? That's what I am talking about. My loyalty should hold some value was well. Repeat loyalty is the bread and butter of any company.

Also, my Google Store credit card, which is to be used at the Google Store, for phones, is not accepted for this service? REALLY?
You make a valid point, try to talk to a supervisor .

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
They don't hold the sale price, they hold the MSRP, I believe the same would apply anywhere. The Google Store running a sale is independent of what the warranty division is doing...

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
They don't hold the sale price, they hold the MSRP, I believe the same would apply anywhere. The Google Store running a sale is independent of what the warranty division is doing...

The MSRP is not 850 for that phone. It wasn't 850 after 3 months of it being out. It wasn't the MSRP when they stopped selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz