YouTube music

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if everyone saw this article from Android police.com. when the pixel four rolls out on any other device running Android 10, Google will have YouTube music as the preferred free install Google music application not Google Play music! Which so annoying here's the article I'm linking below. The only gripe I have with it is the fact that you have to pay to be open multitasking for music in the background with Google Play music that's absolutely no subscription necessary!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/27/y...lled-on-android-10-and-new-android-9-devices/

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Google's always been open about their intentions to transition from GP Music to YTM. This is just the next step. My question is, are you still allowed to download GP Music on your own, or any other music service for that matter? If so, I'd say this is fair game.

If anything, the non-enthusiast will try to use the YTM app, and realize they will need to pay for some features. If they weren't using it before, they'll probably just go and download whatever app they were using before if they aren't willing to pay for YTM. Crisis averted

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah, the article says that you can still download Google Play music on your phone until that ends whenever Google figures that part out. Mhmm

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Hell, I migrated a while back. This has been in the works for a while.

I tried, but unless I'm doing something completely wrong, the algorithm for similar music in YTM doesn't work as well for me.

I enjoy Punk rock

And I enjoy country

But I don't typically enjoy one when I'm in the mood for the other. And it seems YTM has latched onto a handful of artists/songs no matter what I make a radio from.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I tried, but unless I'm doing something completely wrong, the algorithm for similar music in YTM doesn't work as well for me.

I enjoy Punk rock

And I enjoy country

But I don't typically enjoy one when I'm in the mood for the other. And it seems YTM has latched onto a handful of artists/songs no matter what I make a radio from.
I probably use it differently. I download everything. Cache everything to my device. I don't use the streaming service.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've only tried you to music once or twice. I've been using Google Play Forever. Because it's free and I refuse to pay for streaming music services.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I saw that news too this morning. I'm not sure what Google is trying to do with YTM, but it's still not on par with GPM and they've supposedly been working on this for some time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree YouTube music has a nice UI, but Google play music has more financial incentives that's part of it. Freeness for streaming!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If I can't migrate my uploaded library (and PURCHASED MUSIC) from GPM to YTM it's a non-starter for me. I'll have to find another way to do things...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep yep, I hear you. From me, youTube music doesn't offer background multitasking music that's free I'm not even going to use it I'll go to Spotify and I'm saying that I'm a Googler perspective!

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
If I can't migrate my uploaded library (and PURCHASED MUSIC) from GPM to YTM it's a non-starter for me. I'll have to find another way to do things...

Exactly. My personal library, TO INCLUDE playlists I've built in Play Music is an absolute requirement in YTM

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't use either service, but it does bug me with how often YouTube tries to nag me with a YTM or other premium feature sale.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
True same here.
I don't use either service, but it does bug me with how often YouTube tries to nag me with a YTM or other premium feature sale.
oh really, I didn't realize that happened. Like I said, I've tried YouTube music a couple of times the interface isn't bad. But I absolutely refuse to pay for music streaming service when Spotify is free. Google has to realize that. Just like most others here, I've used Google Play music for years and I don't know why they had to reinvent the service. Don't reinvent the wheel when you don't have to show this fee.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
oh really, I didn't realize that happened. Like I said, I've tried YouTube music a couple of times the interface isn't bad. But I absolutely refuse to pay for music streaming service when Spotify is free. Google has to realize that. Just like most others here, I've used Google Play music for years and I don't know why they had to reinvent the service. Don't reinvent the wheel when you don't have to show this fee.
Pretty much any time I leave the app while something is playing, I get the nag that I could've kept it going in the background with the paid service.

Though, I mostly use Pandora.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much any time I leave the app while something is playing, I get the nag that I could've kept it going in the background with the paid service.

Though, I mostly use Pandora.
Yeah I know what you mean. I mean I used to use Pandora. I guess I just feel like Pandora's an older music streaming service and I'm such a Googler I want to use all Google services lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Get that annoying pop up once in awhile to buy premium YouTube.