YouTube music

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah same here ..
yep yep. I mean my requirements for streaming music service aren't that advanced. But if Google is going to play that game I'll go straight to Spotify. I don't care. Pandora if I feel like it's such an old fashioned streaming service at this point so it's big. Obviously I want to stick with Google services if I can. But still...

JoshuaPack

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I pay for the subscription. But I still prefer Google Music over YouTube Music. Ugh, I wish they would get better at making this service. I don't like ads, so I love the fact that I don't see them on YouTube or my music, but, don't have me switch to YouTube music. They don't have as much music over there. If they decide to put all the music over there, then maybe.

Also, I still want to be able to upload my own music. Unsure if YTM can do that, as I really don't want to switch right now.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
without an internet connection or a sub, you cant play local(device stored) content. it just will NOT let you. I tested this on my moto g7.

youtube music promptly flipped out, it said 'cannot play content without online connection' and the support articles I read indicate that if I want offline playback of MY music content, that I need to subscribe, and $10 a month just to play MY music...NO THANK YOU.

I went and downloaded amazon music. zero problems with offline playback now.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
without an internet connection or a sub, you cant play local(device stored) content. it just will NOT let you. I tested this on my moto g7.

youtube music promptly flipped out, it said 'cannot play content without online connection' and the support articles I read indicate that if I want offline playback of MY music content, that I need to subscribe, and $10 a month just to play MY music...NO THANK YOU.

I went and downloaded amazon music. zero problems with offline playback now.
Just tried to play my downloads in airplane mode. I had no problems. Totally worked.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
yeah..you can see why I'd not be willing to pay $10 a month just for the 'privledge' of playing my own mp3 content offline, right?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
yeah..you can see why I'd not be willing to pay $10 a month just for the 'privledge' of playing my own mp3 content offline, right?
My original response was pretty much based on my own bias and I had a knee jerk reaction. I would never use a streaming app to play locally stored music, but I paid for Poweramp years ago. But that's just me and my tendency. I know many others feel differently.

To answer your question, if I wanted to use that feature and it didn't work, no, I wouldn't pay for it.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
well I know what I'm buying next month when my stipend clears. gonna send you a pm so we're not cluttering the thread here.

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Not to continue the derail, But +1 for PowerAmp. Amazing app and I love their refresh.

In regards to having to pay for premium to access locally stored content that's a mistake in so many ways. I already, however, pay for premium for YouTube purposes.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried Amazon Music and it sucks, there were so many songs it wouldnt play unless you have Amazon Music Premium subscription, even if you have a Prime account already. totally dumb.

Youtube music pulls from Youtube Video content too much and it's basing my preferences on videos I've liked or channels I subscribe to. This is completely wrong. This whole idea of YTM is asinine. Google Play Music is perfectly fine as it is. If offers a video if there's one to offer and I can easily ignore it. I dont need parody song videos in my feeds.

What do you get for free on Spotify? I've never bothered because I already pay for Google Music and I always thought it was another paid subscription to make it worthwhile.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh I completely agree with you. I wish Google would cut it out the whole YouTube music bandwagon thing and go Google Play music again.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I got tired of amazon music 'forgetting' my place in a playlist, and that I was in a playlist in the first place every couple of weeks..I bought poweramp pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49