Navigation preference

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
so even though this is a personal preference question, what does everyone use for their pixel 3s and Android 10? Three button setup, or full gesture system?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Full gestures
Yeah so do I! I was just curious for a split second lol. yesterday I don't know if you saw my post, but I had to fully data wipe my 3XL! Try to get the new Google Assistant on my phone but I have a g suite account on my phone due to my Microsoft exchange work account. Wiped it, but my phone was stuck in a boot loop, and I had to wipe everything and start fresh. Basically I still have the regular Google Assistant and that's about it. Just as a side note

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah so do I! I was just curious for a split second lol. yesterday I don't know if you saw my post, but I had to fully data wipe my 3XL! Try to get the new Google Assistant on my phone but I have a g suite account on my phone due to my Microsoft exchange work account. Wiped it, but my phone was stuck in a boot loop, and I had to wipe everything and start fresh. Basically I still have the regular Google Assistant and that's about it. Just as a side note
The G suite Account wiped your phone?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The G suite Account wiped your phone?
no but I tried to get the new Google Assistant working and I had a g suite account Microsoft exchange on my phone. Once I wiped everything. My phone was somehow stuck in a bootloop error. It wound up burning up half of my battery. I had to go into bootloader mode, and do a factory reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
no but I tried to get the new Google Assistant working and I had a g suite account Microsoft exchange on my phone. Once I wiped everything. My phone was somehow stuck in a bootloop error. It wound up burning up half of my battery. I had to go into bootloader mode, and do a factory reset.
Oh wow ...glad you got it back up and running

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow ...glad you got it back up and running
yeah, dude I appreciate! After the third boot loop error I thought to myself screw it I'm just going to factory reset it... I mean don't get me wrong, just like you would be pissed I was pissed but what am I going to do not use my phone? I factory reset it, re-setup everything back up and resynced everything for about 20 minutes.

You know, on a slightly positive note though, last night I synced my exchange account to the actual Microsoft Outlook application for Android. Long story short, and it's all over the internet that the Microsoft Outlook Android application sucks battery like crazy! So basically I'm resyncing through the Gmail app lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah, dude I appreciate! After the third boot loop error I thought to myself screw it I'm just going to factory reset it... I mean don't get me wrong, just like you would be pissed I was pissed but what am I going to do not use my phone? I factory reset it, re-setup everything back up and resynced everything for about 20 minutes.

You know, on a slightly positive note though, last night I synced my exchange account to the actual Microsoft Outlook application for Android. Long story short, and it's all over the internet that the Microsoft Outlook Android application sucks battery like crazy! So basically I'm resyncing through the Gmail app lol
That's one way to do it , I've never tried that way ,its good?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's one way to do it , I've never tried that way ,its good?
Yeah, the Gmail sync for exchange accounts works very very well. Calendar, and contact syncing as well! Yeah I was going to use the Outlook application, but the battery ran down 30% this morning without my even using the phone at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, the Gmail sync for exchange accounts works very very well. Calendar, and contact syncing as well! Yeah I was going to use the Outlook application, but the battery ran down 30% this morning without my even using the phone at all.
Interesting I never had that issue using Outlook app on my phone

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting I never had that issue using Outlook app on my phone
Yeah, I was hoping I wouldn't have an issue with the outlook app on my phone. But numerous reports on internet say that it hogs battery like crazy. The Gmail application for exchange sync is just fine though.,

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I was hoping I wouldn't have an issue with the outlook app on my phone. But numerous reports on internet say that it hogs battery like crazy. The Gmail application for exchange sync is just fine though.,
Gotcha , if that works better and battery drain definitely stick with it

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am undecided and bounce back and forth between gestures and three-button. I think it's the curved screen that gives me problems. Without a proper case, the gestures don't work right. With a case that cover the curve they work better but I have to repeat more often than with buttons.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thanks for your response. I was just curious for a couple of minutes the other day. I use full gestures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol