Just recently today, both in Android Auto and on my phone itself, Google Assistant won't let me send messages by voice it's really weird. Has anyone else been experiencing this at all? I thought it might be due to the fact that in developer settings on my phone, I increased the screen width to 660 which gives me more screen real estate like a tablet format would be. So, of course I put the screen width lower back down to factory specs, and reboot my phone a couple times. However, that didn't get Google Assistant working again for sending messages. It's really weird
    11-15-2019 06:55 PM
    Have you checked that Assistant has permissions for SMS/MMS enabled?
    11-19-2019 12:29 PM
    Hey, thanks for responding back. I finally realized that by putting the display width in developer settings up too much I had at 660; that forced the The phone in the tablet mode which made Google Assistant not work correctly, I put the screen width back down to 598 and gave it a few hours or so, and now it's back to normal.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-19-2019 03:10 PM
    Huh... that's weird though, why would display size affect that feature? Just for fun, have you tried switching back to the 'blown up' size and see if it 'breaks' messaging again? (Either way, thanks for helping with this info, might help others that could be facing the same problem and not realize it could be related to tinkering with the display settings).
    11-19-2019 03:30 PM
    It's a good suggestion. I thought about switching back to the blown up display size just to test my hypothesis but I haven't yet. yeah I was a bit frustrated when it happened because it also broke all messaging services on Android Auto in my car...
    11-19-2019 03:36 PM